Glasses aren't just for the vision impaired

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try Zeiss "Room" Office Lenses

Zeiss "Room" Office Lenses are designed for people that work with other people while using a computer. So your maximum distance is 14' and minimum is set to arm's length. This is perfect for a 9' table. The top of the lenses is at maximum and the bottom is at minimum. This will allow you to shift your eyes up and down rather than shifting your head. Which can cause problems with you rhythm. But, be aware, these are not cheap lenses.

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many people are not able to wear contacts

I'm telling you guys. Get contacts. They do amazing things with contacts now. Imagine seeing perfectly to play pool without glasses.

Not able to wear contacts. Several eye problems that changed the shape of my eye. Dry eyes don't help much either. But that is a little better since nc has banned smoking.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Zeiss "Room" Office Lenses are designed for people that work with other people while using a computer. So your maximum distance is 14' and minimum is set to arm's length. This is perfect for a 9' table. The top of the lenses is at maximum and the bottom is at minimum. This will allow you to shift your eyes up and down rather than shifting your head. Which can cause problems with you rhythm. But, be aware, these are not cheap lenses.

I wear my contacts strictly for pool and they are good for one month daily wear so my 6 month supply will probably last me a year and a half. They cost me $250 for the 6 month supply. Well worth it in my book for not wearing the stupid glasses while playing pool.

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The guy who make my glasses plays pool and has a table in his house and knows players. He has a good understanding of what is needed from making glasses even for himself. You just need someone who knows what he is trying to accomplish. Your guy is just guessing.

Could be, but over time the new glasses I was having problems with got much better. Don't think I'll put any more effort in to trying to get a pair just for pool.

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mention to the person fitting the lenses that you need them to have the focal point just a bit above the center of the lense.
Rimless helps.... Mine are awesome

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see my optometrist next week and I'll be getting new a new prescription for my sports glasses........it's a weakened reading glasses prescription combined with a strengthened distance prescription
in a single lens prescription. I already have separate prescriptions for reading and distance and my prescription typically provides clarity and depth of field improvement from 18 - 20" to 10-11 feet away.
My optometrist and I experiment with different prescriptions until I tell him which one works the best. and it's amazing the difference from wearing just a distance prescription for playing pool.

As far as glasses, Ray Ban Aviator frames provide great coverage and I've used that frame for 5 years to play pool. Two years ago I switched to a different Ray Ban frame and the coverage is terrific and
peripherally it's great and direct staring and focus is superb......you barely even notice the frame in your vision sight. I could go to a bigger frame but it starts to look goofy and I think Karen's glasses on a
guy would look goofy but better than those pool glasses from Canada that look upside down. You look like a dunce wearing those. Nope, pool glasses have got to fit your face, feel good and look good too.

Matt B.

Attachments

• New Miscellaneous Pool 4-1-14 107.jpg
    New Miscellaneous Pool 4-1-14 107.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 106
  • New Miscellaneous Pool 4-1-14 109.jpg
    New Miscellaneous Pool 4-1-14 109.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 104
  • New Miscellaneous Pool 4-1-14 111.jpg
    New Miscellaneous Pool 4-1-14 111.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DECOT HI-WYD. GOOGLE THEM. They make sports and shooting glasses. They know how to coat the lenses etc. It is important to have them fit, buy a professional, adjusting the nose piece and ear wrap so they ride high enough. I have been wearing them 20 years.