Going Through A Miserable Stretch?

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
any of you other posters ever go through a stretch where nothing seems to go right at the table? nothing but bad rolls, bad luck, difficult spreads when you do have a chance to run out, missing position by an inch, nothing feels good, etc, etc.

i've been going through this since last thursday night. as most of you know i seem to have the worst luck/rolls of any player ever, but the last few days its been really bad. and no, i havent thrown anything either.

just wondering if anyone else suffers through this from time to time?
DCP

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege said:
any of you other posters ever go through a stretch where nothing seems to go right at the table? nothing but bad rolls, bad luck, difficult spreads when you do have a chance to run out, missing position by an inch, nothing feels good, etc, etc.

i've been going through this since last thursday night. as most of you know i seem to have the worst luck/rolls of any player ever, but the last few days its been really bad. and no, i havent thrown anything either.

DCP

diagnosis: lack of consistentcy

cure: P R A C T I C E

thanks

VAP

CaptainJR

Shiver me timbers.
Silver Member
DCP
Everyone goes through this. No matter how "consistent" you are or how much you "practice". I think it has more to do with what is going on in the rest of you life than people might think. You are a perfect example of this right now. Look at the stress you have been under lately as far as your job is concerned.

I would suggest (though I know this is difficult) you try to look at pool more like it is your 'get away'. Not trying so hard and not being so concerned about the outcome. Just enjoy the game and see if this stretch of disappointment subsides.

NineBallNut

Silver Member
miserable stretch

It happens to everyone at some point. for recreational players like me, it's due to a lack of consistent practice. I just go and a play, gamble with my friends and such, but my game hits low and high points in the middle of my matches, that is the most frustrating part of pool. You just have to accept it, try to keep your focus on the situation at hand and try to ride it out. Thats why people love to play me for money, I'm so up and down that I never totaly demolish anyone. so If your looking for some easy money, just look me up. lol

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege said:

DCP

I'd quit.

Seriously, you've got too small of a picture of this game. "Since Thursday night?" Talk to us when you can say, "since 6 months ago." then you've got a honest to goodness bad streak and need to change.

Jeff Livingston

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
chefjeff said:
I'd quit.

Seriously, you've got too small of a picture of this game. "Since Thursday night?" Talk to us when you can say, "since 6 months ago." then you've got a honest to goodness bad streak and need to change.

Jeff Livingston

tap tap tap

The other thing is that DCPs issues are most often related to "luck/rolls", which are cop-outs in my opinion. For the most part one helps out with their own luck and rolls. Maybe shot selection is a problem ? Just out of curiousity DCP, how do you measure "luck/rolls" in order to determin if you are playing about normally, above normal, or below normal ? Or is it just a feel thing ?

Another point (for another thread really, but too bad, here it is...), I find that if I tell myself "don't get straight" I have a much higher probability of doing just that. It is much better to focus on what you want to do, rather than focusing on not doing what you don't want to do.

Dave, who believes that one of the biggest problems players have is being objective about their abilities, and agrees with VAP that (intelligent) practice is the key to improvement

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chefjeff said:
I'd quit.

Jeff Livingston

Bad Rolls Shoot I played a guy on Saturday races to 7 for 50...The first race I scratched 6 nearly impossible times to give him the out each time...The second set I drilled him and he had to go....Bear down and concentrate harder when the rolls go against you...Get frustrated and you will be beaten long before the end of the match....

I wouldn't let bad luck or bad rolls wear on you. It's an excuse for not playing well or not being able to play the way you think you should. A pet peeve of mine is to hear players whine around with all these excuses when in reality, they suck. Go practice.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
DrCue'sProtege said:

DCP

DCP

Ask you you shall receive. I sent the material to you. Let me know how it works out.