Gold Crown 3 Rail Metal Trim removal

realkingcobra

Silver Member
SJD and RKC, let's rein it in a little here.

Mike

SJD is the one that came in running his mouth, at this point I just want to see if he has the balls to take me up on my bet.....or back down like a chicken:rolleyes: I'm keeping it civil, as bet I can....but I will be careful.

LIAKOS27

NOT banned (yet)
Silver Member
No, actually I'm tired of giving my opinion and advice to a bunch of people that don't deserve it....so, are YOU willing to PAY for it?

Ya know, people (douchebag freeloaders) can't understand this statement!

My add on to this,,,,,, there is a local pro I play cheap sets with. I will never be able to beat him on my best day and him on his worst!

One day we were playing races to 5 for 20. I caught a massive gear and couple of good rolls that day. We played 5 sets and I won 2 of them! Most people on here would say I owed 20,,,, right?? WRONG!!!

I gave him 100! He looked at me and said what are you doin? I said what? You owe me 20 he says! I asked how you figure? We played 5 sets and you won 2! I said yeah?!?! I asked him what about your time? What do you mean time???

I told him,,,, look, you're taking your time to play a bum like me for 20 a set! You're a pro and I'm a good B player. Just you letting me in the box for 20 a set is an awesome deal for me! I'm not going to expect you to play your best! But you did play pretty awesome,,,, and I did beat you,,,,, for 20 a set. If the sets were 200 each,, maybe I win a game or 2!!!

I'm a firm believer that ones ability should be compensated!

My understanding is that RKC is a he'll of table mechanic, that in itself is worth noting!
When he comes on here and gives his opinion, it's an experienced one! And people think that should be for free,,,, why?????

Here is another example. A few weeks ago a friend of mine called me up and couldn't figure out a problem with a car, he's a very good mechanic and he's "good" with electrical not the best. He knows when to stop and make a call!

He calls me up, I go online with him between Skype and control of his equipment, of course he needed to do what I told him! Anyway, 45 minutes on the phone and problem was solved! He is a friend,,,, so did I do it for free?? NOOOO!!!!! That was a $300 service call!

He didn't pay for what my hands did, he payed for what was inside my head(there is a lot of junk in there, but when it comes to automotive electrical, it's not too bad;) )

Moral of the story(ies), you should compensate a pro's time! I'm not saying every single time,, but always "take care of them"

But then again, as I'm writing this, we are dealing with pool players,, right??

Good day to all
Eli

Wheels33

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya know, people (douchebag freeloaders) can't understand this statement!

My add on to this,,,,,, there is a local pro I play cheap sets with. I will never be able to beat him on my best day and him on his worst!

One day we were playing races to 5 for 20. I caught a massive gear and couple of good rolls that day. We played 5 sets and I won 2 of them! Most people on here would say I owed 20,,,, right?? WRONG!!!

I gave him 100! He looked at me and said what are you doin? I said what? You owe me 20 he says! I asked how you figure? We played 5 sets and you won 2! I said yeah?!?! I asked him what about your time? What do you mean time???

I told him,,,, look, you're taking your time to play a bum like me for 20 a set! You're a pro and I'm a good B player. Just you letting me in the box for 20 a set is an awesome deal for me! I'm not going to expect you to play your best! But you did play pretty awesome,,,, and I did beat you,,,,, for 20 a set. If the sets were 200 each,, maybe I win a game or 2!!!

I'm a firm believer that ones ability should be compensated!

My understanding is that RKC is a he'll of table mechanic, that in itself is worth noting!
When he comes on here and gives his opinion, it's an experienced one! And people think that should be for free,,,, why?????

Here is another example. A few weeks ago a friend of mine called me up and couldn't figure out a problem with a car, he's a very good mechanic and he's "good" with electrical not the best. He knows when to stop and make a call!

He calls me up, I go online with him between Skype and control of his equipment, of course he needed to do what I told him! Anyway, 45 minutes on the phone and problem was solved! He is a friend,,,, so did I do it for free?? NOOOO!!!!! That was a $300 service call!

He didn't pay for what my hands did, he payed for what was inside my head(there is a lot of junk in there, but when it comes to automotive electrical, it's not too bad;) )

Moral of the story(ies), you should compensate a pro's time! I'm not saying every single time,, but always "take care of them"

But then again, as I'm writing this, we are dealing with pool players,, right??

Good day to all
Eli

Great post

ludachris939

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys are a bunch of girls..... Everyone needs to stop crying and post whatever the OP asked for. Everyone who's gone thru these threads know that RKC is one of the best. But RKC should just be professional and not care what anyone says. Him going off on people is unprofessional. If you don't like what people are saying then screw them. Your work speaks for itself, you're only doing yourself damage by responding. You all seem like freaking kids man.

ludachris939

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And nobody is forcing anyone to damn post. If someone wants to help then great. And if a mechanic doesn't wanna help then that's fine too. I understand. And for those who those who don't understand, screw them. Who cares man.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
And nobody is forcing anyone to damn post. If someone wants to help then great. And if a mechanic doesn't wanna help then that's fine too. I understand. And for those who those who don't understand, screw them. Who cares man.

So, did you get the rail beauty trim off, it's actually pretty easy the way I told you. Have a blast refinishing your table:grin:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
You must not own a pool table, because if you did and every mechanic you called who was so politely nice to you....did a bang up job on your pool table....then YOU would realize why you NEED someone like myself to come fix your table....in which you'd then learn.....there's a LOT of customers like YOU, so you'll have to excuse me when I tell you to politely kiss my ass I don't need your work because I don't like your attitude!!!

I gotta side with RKC here. After being in a auto business for 30+ years I have seen many, many people who "work on cars" but very few who can actually "fix them", 2 hugely different skill sets (well not actually, working on cars only requires a few cheap tools from Autozone but the damage they can do with those tools is incredible) I have discovered the same holds largely true with pool tables. I could not find someone locally I felt qualified to install bed cloth on my GC so I bought the Glen/Simonis DVD and did it myself, it turned out better than the local tables that have been recovered. I am sure its not nearly as good as if I had Glen or another recommended mechanic here from AZB do it but thats coming soon as I already put some pretty good wear on my cloth. A couple months ago I put a Valley next to my GC and hired one of our local installers to install the cloth, 1 month later the cloth around the pockets is coming loose, the exact reason I did not have one of them do my GC. Glen offers an awful lot of help to the users here completely free of charge, sometimes he gets criticized, I can understand how he feels that "no good deed goes unpunished" at times. Glen was generous enough to give me his phone number so that he could clear up some questions I had about my table, I am sure I am not the only one he does this for, I consider that pretty good customer support yet I am not even a customer of his, he took time out of his day to offer help me for free.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Did someone delete the post where it was demanded or requested or even hinted that a specific person help out... because then this would make....... well no, it still wouldn't make much sense.

Last edited:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

The brads brunswick used was short and fairly easy to remove once you've access to the head of the brad.
As you can see they used a brad nailer but it looks as if they cut the brads with snips to get the short length needed..

Rob.M

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Did someone delete the post where it was demanded or requested or even hinted that a specific person help out... because then this would make....... well no, it still wouldn't make much sense.

The whole point was that I asked the OP to post his question to the mechanics forum, then certain trolls decided to jump on me for what they considered to be rude.....never once thinking that by asking his question in a forum of mechanics that he'd get a better response than he ever stood a chance of getting from the trolls in the main forum. But, when I noticed he got no answers there either....in which my intent was to 1, promote the mechanics forum, and 2, to give other mechanics a chance to chime in with their answers as well.....but, when I noticed no one was willing to offer him any advice.....I went ahead and answered his question in post 13....for free as I always do, but because of how the trolls were acting.....as usual, I came back on them like we'll hell, if this is the kind of BS I get for free advice.....I might as well start charging for it, and good luck to any trolls that ever ask me for any advice.....or work, because they'll NEVER have enough money to hire me, to which they responded by saying they never would hire me....to which I responded never would which to me implies they actually thought they had an option to hire me, they just wanted me to know that they wouldn't. ....to which I clarified for them.....they could NEVER hire me for any amount of money.....even if they WANTED to!!! Believe me when I say there's tens of thousands of customers like them that have NO idea what good work is on a pool table....because they're to stupid to know the difference between good and bad work. But to all those that do know, and HAVE paid for bad work in the past, and would love to have a chance to get their pool table playing right.....the list is a LONG one for my services....from very happy customers when the job is done RIGHT!!!

Last edited:

ludachris939

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I'm actually finishing the last rail right now. Still have to finish staining the table. Once it's done I will put up pics. Thanks for the help!