Gold Crown IV Pro 8 Rebuild

coolidge

Question, @realkingcobra may know. The pocket cutouts on the frame (not the slate) were covered with cloth. I'm not seeing the reason why, that will be completely covered with the rails and skirt right? I'm going to clean the glue and cloth fibers off. Just curious.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Question, @realkingcobra may know. The pocket cutouts on the frame (not the slate) were covered with cloth. I'm not seeing the reason why, that will be completely covered with the rails and skirt right? I'm going to clean the glue and cloth fibers off. Just curious.
Done just so you don't see wood down by the drop pocket.

coolidge

The Brunswick satin nickel pocket castings arrived, stunning! It's a finely brushed nickel finish.

rebuild01.jpg

rebuild02.jpg

coolidge

Wow they look incredible!!! Congrats they are really going to make the table shine!
Thanks and I agree. Classic Billiards .net only has 2 sets left and that's the end, they are no longer manufactured.

Note they also have the T nuts for the castings. 4 are required for the corner castings and 2 for the side pockets. My table was missing 4 of these so I ordered them plus a couple of spares when I ordered the castings.

coolidge

Update: After many hours of effort and barely half way through I tried something else. Klean Strip Premium which removes epoxy and urethane paint. Oh yeah brush on and it turns the contact cement to goo in 15-20 minutes. Scrape off with a putty knife and wipe down WAY faster.