Gold Crown IV Pro 8 Rebuild

coolidge

@realkingcobra @bradsh98 the Makita belt sander worked great! After many more hours and some frustration...she's done! Played the first few games on her this evening.

The Makita sliding miter saw and sanding disc also worked great. Could NOT have rebuilt this table without a LOT of tips and guidance from Glen thanks so much. Next time you are in town dinner is on me!

rb12.jpg

coolidge

Did you buff out the Formica rails to bring their luster back? Just curious as to what you used if you did.
I did not buff them though they may have been buffed prior. The previous owner purchased it from someone who buys and refurbishes gold crowns. Apparently refurbishing means it was just made to look pretty because I had to do a lot of work to address the tables many issues.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
@realkingcobra @bradsh98 the Makita belt sander worked great! After many more hours and some frustration...she's done! Played the first few games on her this evening.

The Makita sliding miter saw and sanding disc also worked great. Could NOT have rebuilt this table without a LOT of tips and guidance from Glen thanks so much. Next time you are in town dinner is on me!

View attachment 637514
See, you didn't need me afterall, you just needed a voice of confidence whispering in your ear😅

God helps those who help themselves!!

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

View attachment 637514
Great looking table!!! I kinda wish my 9' GCI was a Pro-8, for only 8" of difference they feel far different.

Nyquil

View attachment 637514
Looks good nice work....