Gold Crown tune up

CoFron

I'm doing a Gold Crown Tune-up and had some questions, I've read the cushion talk here on the forum which was very helpful, but I'm more curious about anchoring the bed of the table. I talked to Glen Hancock a while back and he talked about a better method to anchor the bed of the table and make it more solid. has anyone seen or played on a table that has been altered in this way? From what I have seen he's the authority on the topic, but always like to hear other opinions before I take the leap. Thanks!

Tablemaker

Registered
"anchor the bed" is pretty vague.

-Are you referring to the frame to the legs, the long frame members to the short frame members, or the slate to the table frame?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm doing a Gold Crown Tune-up and had some questions, I've read the cushion talk here on the forum which was very helpful, but I'm more curious about anchoring the bed of the table. I talked to Glen Hancock a while back and he talked about a better method to anchor the bed of the table and make it more solid. has anyone seen or played on a table that has been altered in this way? From what I have seen he's the authority on the topic, but always like to hear other opinions before I take the leap. Thanks!
Probably talking about the frame mod. for 3's and 4's. https://forums.azbilliards.com/threads/just-for-your-information.132657/