Golden Cue Billiards, CA

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
With sadness and sorrow, we also found out today that Mr. Ken (Kenny) Hoshide, the owner of Golden Cue Billiards in South El Monte CA has passed away.
He passed away on the 17th of December!
Golden Cue Billiards which had plans to close doors this month already, has been in business for over 28 years under the same ownership!
Kenny was loved by many in the pool industry.
Our condolences go out to his family and friends!
Kenny, you will be missed!
Rest in peace our friend!
:(

2017kenny.jpg

Last edited:

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
For Kenny

If you have any stories or tales to share about kenny or the room!
GO at it, so we can all enjoy some shared moments...
Thank you!

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every room owner could have taken lessons from Kenny on how to run a room and most of us could have taken lessons from him on being a human being.

He leaves a huge empty spot in So. Calif

Condolences to all.

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad to hear about Kenny's passing. I was a regular at The Golden Cue from the day it opened, then owned by Indian Joe Monzingo and his son in law Bob, until I moved to Northern California in the early eighties.

Kenny and I were friendly competitors for quite a while before he purchased it from Joe and Bob.

Rest In Peace Kenny, one of the pool worlds good guys.

9ball5032

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I played a one-pocket session with Kenny a couple of months ago. He was more than happy to help me with any questions I had regarding one-pocket strategy. I will miss him and his stories of the old days.

Last edited:

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear that. He was a real decent man and an excellent player. A huge loss to our pool community in SoCal.

overlord

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I went to a one pocket tournament at the Golden Cue. I had never been there. The owner of the room came over an introduced himself to me. He was a real gentleman and a fine player.

Most of the room owners I've been around could not play like he could. It is very sad to hear that he has passed on. Its sad to hear the room is closing as well.

May Kenny play for eternity in Valhalla.

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew Kenny from 1966 when we first fired one liners at each other trying to match up. We became friends over time and still competed playing one pocket. He ran a great room with prices very favorable to pool players. LA pool will not be the same without him and the Golden Cue. RIP Kenny........