good morning az billiards

travis trotter said:
good morning az billiards

today i am in a very cheerful mood today :) i just want to say how nice it is today but last night my dog had two seizures i do not know what causes them in dogs ?

thanks

travis-

I can't BELIEVE I'm about to do this but, for once, I'm actually going to give you a legitimate answer and not make fun of you.

Seizure can be cause by a multitude of different stimuli.

Generally, seizures occur (be it in humans or animals) when there is temporary abnormal electrical activity of the brain. in many cases, this can be the direct result of portions of the brain being 'underdeveloped' as the brain can mature at a different rate than other parts of the body. Essentially, the brain is firing random electrical imulses that are NOT supposed to be present.

It can manifest itself in different ways from drifting into an alternate state (sorta like zoning out) to physical actions such as body and muscle convulsions.

Now there are other things that can cause this irregular brain activity aside from an undeveloped brain. For example, sometimes head injuries can lead to seizures. Drugs also do this. Seeing as how your dog is not likely a junky, I think we can rule this one out.

After I had my first seizure, it was discovered that what triggers them for me is a lack of sleep. but keep in mind, doctors test for seizures (in humans anyway) by forcing hyperventilation and flashing strobe lights in front of the eye. The lights can trigger seizures in people who never knew of any pre-existing neurological condition. And dogs, well, heavy panting and deep breathing are very similar.

Bottom line, take your dog to the vet and have him run a full neurological examination to see what is causing this and why. They have medications to combat this for animals.

-Brian <--------- epileptic and prou...m,.mvmfmklpbnmkbnmkdbgdbml bkl; b



...sorry. Had a little seizure there. :D
 
Travis,
I hope your comments about Ms. Barreta's dog are not coming back to haunt you. Karma is a strange thing, but with that being said I hope your dog is ok. To everyone that thinks Travis should be banned from AZ lighten up he makes me smile sometimes and is a nice change of pace in a way to serious world.

Huck
 
I think Travis is hilarious! lol Looks like there is a possibility he maybe special if u know what I mean? Or almost a teen or an early teen? Or some guy that has a really crazy sense of humor and cracks himself up by getting a few posters here angry by those silly posts! Lmao. Dont get how someone gets so worked up by his posts though lol.

I think its the one in bold, myself lol.

Would have been nice to too wake to your avtars or my avtars on ur face eh, lol
Had too edit this line just didnt sound right, lmao it went like this before the edit - Would have been nice to too wake to your avtars ass or mine on ur face eh, lol
 
Last edited:
Back
Top