Gorst-Chohan Updates?

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can’t tell the full tale of the tape. But I think Fedor’s bank game was failing him. He’d double kiss iffy shots. He’d fire at a chancy shot and sell out. It’s the opposite of what you’d expect. You’d thing he can just fire at anything available and it will go his way. And it seemed he expected that too. But rack after rack a single mistake would sell out the advantage is not sell out 4-5 balls. And Tony made the most of those moments and kept him on lockdown until he could squeeze out the last ball or two for the win.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And it’s not like Tony played pure. He’d rattle balls where in other matches Fedor would put the squeeze on. But Fedor struggled to even contact hangers in Tony’s pocket. And even when Tony is supposed to push deep, he would flub again in cueball position and give Fedor a lifeline (running 1 instead of 3-4)
and Fedor slips up again and let’s Tony get the better side out of the layout.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
this probably has no significance
but i turned the stream on about 15 minutes before start time
fedor was warming up
he seemed to be missing more than usual and seemed annoyed

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this probably has no significance
but i turned the stream on about 15 minutes before start time
fedor was warming up
he seemed to be missing more than usual and seemed annoyed
Absolutely no significance as to whether drought stricken Kansas will get any rain-rather significant as to one of the participants inability to execute and their apparent mental state as the match begins. 😉

Reactions: bbb

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
1681577492422.png

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dude, for real, why?
A few of Fedor's comments from an interview after the match:

- "I just got outplayed."​
- The table was playing bouncy.​
- The table was playing tighter than it should.​
- The table was tougher to play on for his stroke than for Tony's stroke.​
- Fedor planned to play aggressively but couldn't; it became more of a moving game, to Tony's advantage.​