Got my OB Classic today. Short review.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
"What can Brown do for you"? I don't know what he can do for you, but he brought ME an OB Classic shaft today. Just got done hittin' a few racks with it. Fit is good. Only a slight bit of rollout (very negligible). Wood looks great. Workmanship is good as expected. Ferrule is white, about 1/4" long. Looks like a Tiger Everest tip on it. I got a 30" shaft and on my 29" Jacoby butt, the balance is perfect (for my taste). This is my first OB shaft. I did not know what to expect because I have read many varying reviews of how an OB shaft hits. Well, I'm in the camp of the ones that say it hits VERY similar to a 314 (2nd generation). Sort of a medium hit, not too mushy and not too firm. I'm happy with it and expect many hours of pleasure/success shooting with this combo.

Maniac
 
"What can Brown do for you"? I don't know what he can do for you, but he brought ME an OB Classic shaft today. Just got done hittin' a few racks with it. Fit is good. Only a slight bit of rollout (very negligible). Wood looks great. Workmanship is good as expected. Ferrule is white, about 1/4" long. Looks like a Tiger Everest tip on it. I got a 30" shaft and on my 29" Jacoby butt, the balance is perfect (for my taste). This is my first OB shaft. I did not know what to expect because I have read many varying reviews of how an OB shaft hits. Well, I'm in the camp of the ones that say it hits VERY similar to a 314 (2nd generation). Sort of a medium hit, not too mushy and not too firm. I'm happy with it and expect many hours of pleasure/success shooting with this combo.

Maniac

You don't find the Classic to be a stiffer feel then the 314-2? What did you find regarding the low deflection properties in comparison to the 314-2? I would appreciate any feed back because I'm currently using a 314 Fat but might go back to the lower deflection 314-2 or the Classic. As long as the deflection is on par between the 314-2 and the Classic, it would go down to the stiffer shaft. Hopefully the Classic is stiffer because I have already felt the 314-2 wasn't quite stiff enough.
 
You don't find the Classic to be a stiffer feel then the 314-2? What did you find regarding the low deflection properties in comparison to the 314-2? I would appreciate any feed back because I'm currently using a 314 Fat but might go back to the lower deflection 314-2 or the Classic. As long as the deflection is on par between the 314-2 and the Classic, it would go down to the stiffer shaft. Hopefully the Classic is stiffer because I have already felt the 314-2 wasn't quite stiff enough.

I suppose the Classic may be a bit stiffer. Keep in mind that I'm comparing a 30" Classic to my 29" 314. I haven't given it a thorough workout yet. The hits from both shafts on my Jacoby butt (D-11 model) seemed to be pretty much a wash. I will report more after I've used it a while. I also have a flat-faced 314 (a 5/16x14 too) for my Jacoby Hustler cue that has the same tip on it as the Classic (Everest) and this combo and the D-11/Classic shaft combo hit VERY similar. I have a Triangle tip on my piloted 314 shaft. Hope this helps.

Maniac
 
Back
Top