Gotta try the OB-1 cue!

nmpoolplr

Registered
If you haven't heard the buzz...you GOTTA try the OB-1 cues! Not only do they hit really well, but if you get a chance to meet the people behind the cues, the Owen-Bunnell team makes their product even better! I recently have taken up one-pocket, and that shaft makes controlling the cue ball and spin so much easier.

Thanks to Royce Bunnell for the good luck in Vegas...I couldn't have done it without you ;)

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nmpoolplr said:
If you haven't heard the buzz...you GOTTA try the OB-1 cues! Not only do they hit really well, but if you get a chance to meet the people behind the cues, the Owen-Bunnell team makes their product even better! I recently have taken up one-pocket, and that shaft makes controlling the cue ball and spin so much easier.

Thanks to Royce Bunnell for the good luck in Vegas...I couldn't have done it without you ;)
Do they make a full cue or just the shafts?

BVal

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ScottW said:
I love mine.

BVal: just the shaft.
That is what I thought - in the original post it said cues. Thanks for the clarification.

BVal

Burtus

Livin like I mean it!
Silver Member
BVal said:
That is what I thought - in the original post it said cues. Thanks for the clarification.

BVal

BVal,
They may have the other half of the cue sometime soon. I saw prototypes at Valley Forge. I have an OB-1 on a Lucasi and my dad has one on a Viking. They are fantastic shafts with customer service to match. Can't wait for the other half to become available.

Burt

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Burtus said:
BVal,
They may have the other half of the cue sometime soon. I saw prototypes at Valley Forge. I have an OB-1 on a Lucasi and my dad has one on a Viking. They are fantastic shafts with customer service to match. Can't wait for the other half to become available.

Burt
I have never used one but I am interested in trying one out. Nobody around here has one. At least not that I have seen. I just ordered my 314-2 on Friday and can't wait to get it. I have been using the Z-2 but I think it is a little too skinny for me. I wish someone I knew would buy an ob-1 so I could use it. :)

BVal

rack'em zach'em

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Royce used to make custom cues...but now it's the just the OB-1 Shaft...and I have to say I'll never play without one again..it's the best shaft on the market bar none.

Ryan A.

Registered
BVal said:
I have never used one but I am interested in trying one out. Nobody around here has one. At least not that I have seen. I just ordered my 314-2 on Friday and can't wait to get it. I have been using the Z-2 but I think it is a little too skinny for me. I wish someone I knew would buy an ob-1 so I could use it. :)

BVal

BVal where do you play? not that I can help you out, I don't have one. I was just curious seeing that you are from AZ.

Personally I think that they are nearly identical to the predator line. I did get the opportunity to meet the people behind ob-1 in Vegas. They did seem like good people.

Burtus

Livin like I mean it!
Silver Member
BVal said:

BVal

I tried the Z-1 and 314-1 before buying the ob-1. The Ob-1 hits more similar to the 314 than the Z. For the first week it took a little getting used to..... using less offset for similar engish (compared to the stock Lucasi shaft). The hit is so subjective I hesitate to try to explain it but will give it a shot. There is less deflection and more spin/engish with less offset. The hit feels real solid.
Burt

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ryan A. said:
BVal where do you play? not that I can help you out, I don't have one. I was just curious seeing that you are from AZ.

Personally I think that they are nearly identical to the predator line. I did get the opportunity to meet the people behind ob-1 in Vegas. They did seem like good people.
I play mostly at Metro and some at Alexanders. Have played at every other pool hall here in Phoenix at least a couple of times. How about you? I am assuming you are in Arizona as well.
Oh and thanks for the help with the OB-1 :D

rack'em zach'em

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not even close to the predator----please don't even insult the OB-1 by mentioning...Predator...in the same sentence....The OB-1 has a much smoother stroke to it...thanks

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rack'em zach'em said:
Not even close to the predator----please don't even insult the OB-1 by mentioning...Predator...in the same sentence....The OB-1 has a much smoother stroke to it...thanks
Not trying to argue at all - just wondering what you mean by "smoother stroke to it"?

Thanks,

BVal

rack'em zach'em

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The OB-1 isn't as stiff and it has more flex in the the shaft....by smooth I mean the predator feels like a broom stick sometimes....as in stiff...some people like it...personally the only stiff cue I've ever like was one of my old Gilberts...

Ryan A.

Registered
mainly at Kolby's and Main St. I don't get out on the tournament seen much, but im always in action. Im sure I have seen you around. Occasionally, I'll make it up to Alexanders. I like Ron but don't enjoy playing on bar boxes much.

BVal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ryan A. said:
mainly at Kolby's and Main St. I don't get out on the tournament seen much, but im always in action. Im sure I have seen you around. Occasionally, I'll make it up to Alexanders. I like Ron but don't enjoy playing on bar boxes much.
They have a 9 foot diamond and 7 7 foot diamonds there now. I don't think they play anything like a barbox and play a lot closer to how the 9 footers play. JMO

Kolby's is nice - I used to play there alot back in the day. The last time I played at Main St. was in the Arizona All Around. My wife used to play down there a lot.

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rack'em zach'em said:
The OB-1 isn't as stiff and it has more flex in the the shaft....by smooth I mean the predator feels like a broom stick sometimes....as in stiff...some people like it...personally the only stiff cue I've ever like was one of my old Gilberts...

Hey, I'm offended! :eek: Last week, I just bought a 314-2 and it plays a whole lot better than a broomstick! :cool:

Firecracker

aka Crackalackin
Silver Member
Love the OB-1 Shaft

Royce finally got me to use his shaft last November, I was pretty stubborn since the Schon original shaft I had hit pretty well. For the first few weeks I kept switching back & forth between them, then finally caved. Royce gave me a little bit longer shaft to keep the feel the same as my original shaft since the OB is a little lighter. Kept the talisman tip & won't go back to anything else.

As for cues, the guys are currently working on a cue design. I hit with the prototype and immediately told Royce I want him to make me one. It hits the balls great and I love the balance.