Great Shots! Under preasure!

greenlight

Go
Silver Member
I think this is one of the most exciting aspects of pool, right up there with, and sometimes next too, winning a big tournament. I dont mean great shots you can make at the practice table all the time, i'm talking about the ones that you make in the heat of battle when it counts. Could be a great safety, or a great pot. Sometimes safety isnt an option and your left with a do or die shot. Maybe your feeling more aggressive and just feel like going for it. Whatever the reason, what are some of the great shots you have made or seen when it counts? This is one i made the other night at league playoffs that felt real good. As i was thinking of safety ideas, I remembered that a shot like this came up in last years Mosconi cup. http://www.youtube.com/user/snookeram#p/u/106/BN_ECQNMe5s At the 5 min. mark. I took a deep breath, fired it in, and went 5 rails for perfect shape. Some wins just feel better than others.

CueTable Help

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
I always liked that shot too. It comes up a lot but weirdly a lot of people don't see it. They try to play it with low left and screw the pooch, unless their last name happens to be deuel or something.

Here's one I made in league finals. It's a routine shot but not when you're straight in and a bit treetopped over another ball, and you have a limited position window. Guys at the next table who I didn't even know complimented me on it. Felt good.

CueTable Help

James2003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Not really much under pressure but I pulled this one on my son tonight. It I was giving him the 6 out and I over rolled the CB about 3 inches and was hooked. So I went 3 rails making the 8 and then the 9 for the game. We was on a race to 5 Score was 4-3 me. (plus I gave him two games on the wire) Of course even though I have him a major spot I still would have never heard the end of it if he had won.

He wasn't very happy that I made the 8 on a 3 rail kick...

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3HSSe4IVsG4QXfp4SFFJ4lXfp2lbPp2lJdl1lbUi3lPpY3lQWe@

Mike in MN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To the OP, that is a very well executed shot. I had a nice one of my own Monday night at my league.

CueTable Help

Like you said, it's one thing to do these kinds of shots when you're messing around on a practice table, but when you do it and make it count, it feels even sweeter.