Greatest cue makers

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys like Mcdermott, Gordy, Meucci desrve something

They may not havemade collectible cues,but they certainly did something very important

I don't have any idea what criterion should be used for selection

But doesn't Mc Der,mott stand out for something very good
Helmstetter,

Just yaking about legends in some way
guys who meant alot to the game

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guys like Mcdermott, Gordy, Meucci desrve something

They may not havemade collectible cues,but they certainly did something very important

I don't have any idea what criterion should be used for selection

But doesn't Mc Der,mott stand out for something very good
Helmstetter,

Just yaking about legends in some way
guys who meant alot to the game

The ICA HoF includes all of the cuemakers who you mentioned. I am impressed at that organization’s consideration for cuemakers who put affordable, high quality cues in the hands of everyday players.

https://www.internationalcuemakers.com/hall-of-fame/

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Treadway, im on his list, but I contacted him through facebook and I got rid of it and now I don't know how to contact him to ask how far along im in.

Cant go wrong with Josh. He makes an awesome cue and his excitement for what he does is amazing. He is making me a cue with some design and construction elements that are really unique, including a completely new joint type.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Thread hijacks are the norm on AZ

but this one asked for cues that were liely to grow in value

JACKPOT cues by Jack Potter might be a good example
Jack made about a dozen for me to sell on az, Jack and Johnny sanchez made a few
cues back in the 90s

To say they were good investments might be an understatement

Two more at $500 are available and this opprtunity will be over

The rest of the post inthe thread have been informative for the most part
if some one has had a mood swing because of my typical post

please forgive me and have

A merry christmas
Jack didn't make shit

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Fifty or sixty years ago, how many great builders were there? 10? Today? Fifty or sixty years ago, a player bought a cue and used it. Today, how many of you are sitting on how many cues because of their monetary value? Demand has kept up with production created by the explosion of cue makers only because of the collecting/investing that is being done by pool players. Do any of y'all believe that the outside world has turned to pool cues as an additional investment vehicle? If the answers are as I perceive, as the number of pool players decreases, the pool cue investment bubble will eventually burst. Better pray for a good movie.

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Thread hijacks are the norm on AZ

but this one asked for cues that were liely to grow in value

JACKPOT cues by Jack Potter might be a good example
Jack made about a dozen for me to sell on az, Jack and Johnny sanchez made a few
cues back in the 90s

To say they were good investments might be an understatement

Two more at $500 are available and this opprtunity will be over

The rest of the post inthe thread have been informative for the most part
if some one has had a mood swing because of my typical post

please forgive me and have

A merry christmas

Posted as a reminder that not everything one reads on the net is a valid opinion...
just an opinion. Any and everybody is entitled to an opinion.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Of course no one in 1964 knew that a $75 Balabushka would be worth several thousand today! No one ever KNOWS the future value of any work of art or any hand made custom item from a new artist or craftsman. If we KNEW that we would all buy it at the initial price and end up very much richer in the future. You are talking about SPECULATION - that is very different from KNOWING future value.
if you are looking to make money on something in 40 years that you buy today- then my advice is to just buy something like a low cost Vanguard Total Stock Market Index fund today and in 40 years you will be much richer than today! Good Luck.
This is spot on. It's really next to impossible to pick which of something being made today will be considered an iconic and sought after collectable in future decades. Often when cruising car guy sites, I can find 10-15 year old cars with extremely low miles being offered for $ thousands off their original sticker price...usually around 30-35% off sticker. These are the result of somebody gambling that a car will become a prized collectable.

Probably many of these can become a great driver for someone who couldn't afford one new, but wanted one when they were new.

My advice? Neither cars or cues should be considered investments. Buy what you like and care for them as you wish, but never consider them investments.

But if you want a good return on your money after 30-40 years? The mutual fund...hands down!