Greatest Left Handed Players Ever?

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would think that Sigel has to be considered the greatest left handed player ever.

Currently the consensus best player in the world is left handed (Filler)- perhaps he will overtake Sigel some day- maybe overtake all right handers too.

Some of the others that come to mind are Thomas Engert, Rodney Morris, and Jayson Shaw.

What are some others that I'm missing?

Guy Manges

Registered
I would think that Sigel has to be considered the greatest left handed player ever.

Currently the consensus best player in the world is left handed (Filler)- perhaps he will overtake Sigel some day- maybe overtake all right handers too.

Some of the others that come to mind are Thomas Engert, Rodney Morris, and Jayson Shaw.

What are some others that I'm missing?
Sigel and Filler , play right handed as well... Guy

Guy Manges

Registered
Funny how some south paws play right handed and some right handed play left... I think golf has the same thing... Guy

ipoppa33

Shakedown Custom Rods
Silver Member
1986-Press-Photo-World-Champion-Pool-Player-Steve.jpg

steve-mizerak-06.jpg

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lefty pool is supposedly less analytical and more intuitive. More artistic and flowing. It's a braynul thing.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Confirmed by the Babe to me personally, and given his penchant for the truth, I accept it.
How would that hold up compared to the proof required for Willie Mosconi and Jason Shaw to set records today? It's hear say at best, that means can't be substantiated with undeniable proof!

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
How would that hold up compared to the proof required for Willie Mosconi and Jason Shaw to set records today? It's hear say at best, that means can't be substantiated with undeniable proof!
Well, Mosconi, documented by some, who knows if they really watched every shot or not. Shaw, my understanding is it's already been edited a bit from 714 down a bit, so who knows.

I take Babe's word. You're talking about someone who called two fouls on himself when playing Lassiter in a challenge match to 1200 in the 60s, and won the match by a considerable margin. If Babe said he did it, he did it.

And I'm a fan of Lassiter as well.

All the best,
WW

Reactions: bbb

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Confirmed by the Babe to me personally, and given his penchant for the truth, I accept it.

High Runs For The Men
600 Plus
PLAYER HIGH RUN

Arthur Babe Cranfield 768 in practice
Tom Parker 642 as told to Dick Leonard
Michael Eufemia 626

No one saw the run from beginning to end, except for Eufemia himself. According to Billiards Digest historian Mike Shamos, this is one of the reasons his record has never been granted official status

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
High Runs For The Men
600 Plus
PLAYER HIGH RUN

Arthur Babe Cranfield 768 in practice
Tom Parker 642 as told to Dick Leonard
Michael Eufemia 626

No one saw the run from beginning to end, except for Eufemia himself. According to Billiards Digest historian Mike Shamos, this is one of the reasons his record has never been granted official status
Actually, quite a few people watched Cranfield's run, but they came and went, not enough for documentation. There are some others, as you say, that were pretty much alone.

To me, they are still chasing 768, to make it very clear.

Reactions: bbb