Guidance on Tim Scruggs 60" on Ebay

RAMIII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All, I have long wanted a 60" Scruggs and one just showed up on Ebay. I am wondering if anyone knows this seller?
Here's a link to the cue:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/very-rare-8pt-60-tim-scruggs-custom-cue/321585827031?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D26942%26meid%3D70180e6e4bc34794a62ebcf5a72b52c9%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D11184%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D121487976220
He/she has 0 feedback, so I am leery of a high end transaction with this seller. Other than escrow, let me know if anyone has suggestions as to how I might protect myself with this purchase.
Thanks in advance for the guidance-Ryan
 
credit card

All, I have long wanted a 60" Scruggs and one just showed up on Ebay. I am wondering if anyone knows this seller?
Here's a link to the cue:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/very-rare-8pt-60-tim-scruggs-custom-cue/321585827031?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D26942%26meid%3D70180e6e4bc34794a62ebcf5a72b52c9%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D11184%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D121487976220
He/she has 0 feedback, so I am leery of a high end transaction with this seller. Other than escrow, let me know if anyone has suggestions as to how I might protect myself with this purchase.
Thanks in advance for the guidance-Ryan

When you use Paypal, pay for it through them with a credit card. Your credit card company should offer you extra fraud protection if Paypal leaves you hanging.
 
Ebay

They have 77 feedback but none recently...

I'd email him and ask if he is on AZ. Also, I like to call and talk with them as you can get a good feel.

A lot of times they will mention a poolroom, etc. and you can get some feedback using those references.

Hope this helps
 
He's probably not close enough to marcus (fastandloose) to do escrow in person, but there are probably other AZ members close to him hagarstown/Frederick MD that may be able to help out. I'm a little too far away ~2 hrs or so and on a 6 -12's work schedule
 
He's probably not close enough to marcus (fastandloose) to do escrow in person, but there are probably other AZ members close to him hagarstown/Frederick MD that may be able to help out. I'm a little too far away ~2 hrs or so and on a 6 -12's work schedule

I know Wedge is in Frederick so you may wanna see if he would be willing to help. While I do not know him personally we have talked and he seems to be a pretty decent guy and I know alot of folks on here know him pretty well. Good luck - get that Scruggs!
 
i didnt notice anything in the ad about the cue being straight
i could of missed it
doesnt ebay have a return guarantee of some sort for protection??
 
cue looks legit, and scruggs has one of the best hitting cue you'll ever try. i say go for it, ebay has protection. you just might bid against me:thumbup:
 
Click on the all feedback tab and you'll see they have excellent feedback. I would not hesitate. A lot of us buy and sell only occasionally on ebay after long spurts of buying and selling.

I would just try to find out if the cue was straight and what the reserve is to see if they are realistic. You may be able to find the reserve by emailing them. No mention of straightness or defects - those would be would be the areas I would focus on. Hopefully the seller knows how to test for straightness.
 
Last edited:
Very helpful

Thanks all and PoQuet, that's the risk of posting the cue on AZ. I knew I would draw competitors. We'll see how it all plays out....
Thanks to all for the guidance.
-R
 
Back
Top