Hairy call: 9 ball tournament

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
2 guys playing in a 50 man 9 ball tournament:

Its 2 am, and one player needs to go to the bathroom late in the match. So his opponent says you cant do that, you already went before! Tour director comes over and allows the player to go to the bathroom, but he is still pissed off the other guy would want to win that way. Player returns from the bathroom and breaks the balls. The other guy pushes out but does not call a push. Bathroom guy picks up the cue ball because after his lame call, he doesnt like the other guy so much anymore. His opponent says f that, I did call a push out.....so now I get ball in hand because you picked up the cue ball after my push. If either guy gets ball in hand, the next 2 safeties look super easy and this game could decide the match. Tour director comes over again, may or may not notice this.

What do you guys think would be a fair call here?

Umm, HELLOOOO? It's a foul. You can debate sportsmanship all you want, and these two apparently didn't have much, but the OP clearly says the push was not called. BIH for the bathroom child.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Umm, HELLOOOO? It's a foul. You can debate sportsmanship all you want, and these two apparently didn't have much, but the OP clearly says the push was not called. BIH for the bathroom child.

Were there witnesses to verify this, or is this a case of one man's word against another man's word? Did the OP see this come about (or anyone else for that matter), or did he just get secondhand information?

Since it was early in the rack (immediately after the break) and both players seemed to be a couple of dickheads, if I were the TD I would have insisted on a re-rack with the original breaker breaking.

Maniac

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without watching what happened, the TD should warn both players about their BS and rerack. What else can you do when you don't know who's telling the truth? Any other incidents and they're done.

If a guy asks me at a tourney to tale an extra whizz, I'll say sure. But come right back. If he doesn't, I don't sweat it. Am I supposed to let him being a **** bother me and cause me to lose the set?

Best,
Mike