Hal Houle has passed

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, I haven't read it. I don't get BD anymore. Sounds like a something that would be nice to read.

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I can I can say for now is that NO ONE loved pool more than Hal. All he cared about was helping other players play better. Hal helped me see a side to pool that I never would have experienced if it weren't for him.

I miss ya buddy...

Dave, as you know, I never really bought into Hal's overall concepts, or any 'aiming systems' per say.. But, I do know he was passionate in his beliefs, and gave his life to pool, and helping others...For that, he has always had my utmost respect.

RIP...Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Dick

Last edited:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
This may be the single most noble post on AZ Billiards that I have ever read. While you obviously appreciated Hal's friendship and mentoring, I appreciate your compassion and respect for Hal as a man of incredible proportions.

Hal once told me, no, he told me this twice; he said that he was the best Indian wrestler in the world and that it was because of the strength in his hands. I'm glad to know that you experienced that strength even though he was long past his prime. Indian wrestling as Hal and I knew it is when two people will place their forward feet against one another, outward part of each forward foot against the other, then they would clasp hands together, just each of their two forward hands. If your right foot was placed against their right foot, you would clasp their right hand. The goal of this Indian wrestling was to unbalance the other person and to pull them off of the space that they occupied. Hal told me that he had never been beaten at this in his entire life. Even never having met Hal, I could easily believe that what he said was true. Dave, your story about his strength in his hands supports the story he told me about his prowess at Indian wrestling.

Your post tonight delighted me to the highest degree. It is nice to have something confirmed by other people.

You have always had great skill in communicating but this post of yours was over the top and I respect you sharing the intimate details of your relationship with Hal.

Hal, was lucky to have a friend like you.

JoeyA

-

Agreed that it's one of the best.

We all need to listen and learn from the older guns and treat them with respect when they take their time to educate.

Rob.M

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
There is always the option to subscribe to Billiards Digest and support the game.

Just sayin'

Jeff Livingston

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a subscription for years. Thanks for your suggestion...................

Last edited: