Hanging Up Score Beads

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I bought a set of score beads like we had in the room where I learned to play:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GVL4NU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But I don't have a light that I can hang them from in the way I've always seen it done.

I have a traditional ceiling fan and light fixture over the table and it gets so hot here in south Louisiana I'm not sure there ever WON'T be a ceiling fan there, much as I don't like having it over the table (I'm picking carefully my billiard-related battles with the wife).

Got any ideas about the coolest way to wall mount or otherwise mount these? I've Google image searched but nothing is jumping out at me...

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I did it simple 3 hooks in the ceiling at the correct length and it sits and moves perfectly
Mine came with a string

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here a fews Though

large-temp568d78deda80c.jpg

large-temp568d78ddc93bc.jpg

kilby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hang them between angle brackets on the wall near the ceiling, 6" brackets about 6" down on the wall -- find a couple of studs. Incidentally, we are still awaiting pics of the room....

Last edited:

kilby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful! Love the railwood! Hang those beads on the long-rail wall.

kilby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agree, great photo. I would love to find one of those old bead strings, they were made of ebony and pearwood!

shayne87

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Mines.....simple
I like it

Attachments

• IMG_20170312_113459.jpg
    IMG_20170312_113459.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 1,117

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Just happened across this shot in looking around still. What a beautiful photograph:

http://www.shorpy.com/node/10913?size=_original#caption

Something about it, I don't know -- my favorite one I've come across so far.

I have never seen table lights like that...if you're going to use incandescence...
...seems like a good way to go.

Did you notice that somebody borrowed a bridge from the first table and never returned it?
....they're still doing stuff like that today...:smile: WTH.. over a 100 years later?

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone for the continued responses. I went ahead and hung the beads with wire and string but didn't like the way the only brackets I had (iron) looked so I got a wild hair and used a 3/16" wooden dowel sanded down nice and smooth.

The thee 'holder' pieces are just suspended from screws right now but I'll think of a way to improve it. I wanted to mount them high like Ron suggested as I am a fan of that look, but I remembered I need to keep them at a height the little guys can reach soon.

Once I square away the electrical rats nest under the table, I'll be mostly done:

http://imgur.com/a/wTxZ1

wTxZ1

Last edited:

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And while I've got the black electrical tape out I can put a few layers over my Kilby cue, really provide myself some grip on that bad boy :)

kilby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have contacted the parish sheriff to issue a bench warrant for violation of our lease agreement... Be advised....