Hard Times Bellflower..??

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is it closed for good or just covid closed? Heard there was a chance they'd move but covid may have nixed that idea. TIA.

surlytempo

The rumor down the grapevine is that Eddie had sold it, but after the second wave of lockdowns the deal with the new owner fell through and the landlord pushed for a total closure so they could gut the lot. Maybe someone can confirm or correct.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool halls in CA are faced with a horrible outlook for awhile.
At this moment the entire state is running out of hospital space.

For the past 10 days, zero hospital beds are available in Fresno County.
The same thing is occurring all over the state. Pool halls will not open soon.

It will be late spring or summer before pool halls can operate again, despite
there are some cities in CA that will allow this to happen a whole lot sooner.

The sad outlook is there will be less pool halls operating a year from now than
before the Corinavirus arrived. So support your local pool rooms when they open.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Pool halls in CA are faced with a horrible outlook for awhile.
At this moment the entire state is running out of hospital space.

For the past 10 days, zero hospital beds are available in Fresno County.
The same thing is occurring all over the state. Pool halls will not open soon.

It will be late spring or summer before pool halls can operate again, despite
there are some cities in CA that will allow this to happen a whole lot sooner.

The sad outlook is there will be less pool halls operating a year from now than
before the Corinavirus arrived. So support your local pool rooms when they open.
So you don’t know about Hard Times?

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
You could always give them a call. Here's the info:

Attachments

• HTB.png
    HTB.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 105

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ghost ball.......I trust you understand I’m rooting hard for the pool halls to resume.
Life is a lot less enjoyable for many of us without that but the bleak outlook is real.

A large % of folks just haven’t wanted to do what’s necessary & this is the price to pay.
Jeez, with 40 million Californians, it’s easy to see why the virus spreads so extensively.

The same thing happened throughout the USA and people still refuse to do what’s needed.
OMG, wait ‘til late Jan. when the Xmas aftermath hits. And people will still doubt and deny.

If ever there was a scenario where “It is what it is.” comes to mind, this qualifies but that only
leads to worse results. What does it take? We’re losing thousands of Americans (1 every 30 secs).

If we don’t change, & I fear we will not, 1/2 million to 3/4 million Americans will die before Memorial
Day weekend. Heck, we could see 500,000 dead by Easter. But some people are lame in the brain.

And whilst all this is afoot and decimating our economy and lifestyles, every state governor has been
using their own strategy & approach to defeat this virus. Well, it hasn’t worked well but for morticians.

Let’s just pray the virus’s Xmas surge is not as severe as medical experts have been incessantly warning
us about and that pool halls resume operation in early 2021 and forgive me for doubting it but I’ll still pray.

Matt B.

surlytempo

Let’s just pray the virus’s Xmas surge is not as severe as medical experts have been incessantly warning
us about and that pool halls resume operation in early 2021 and forgive me for doubting it but I’ll still pray.

Matt B.

without trying to make this yet another covid thread, the medical experts have been on the money about the increases in the number of cases, and given that there's still a large portion of our population that choose to remain both defiant and willfully ignorant, it's only going to get worse from here. sad as i am about pool halls, they are just one of many victims of this needlessly prolonged pandemic.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ghost ball.......I trust you understand I’m rooting hard for the pool halls to resume.
Life is a lot less enjoyable for many of us without that but the bleak outlook is real.

A large % of folks just haven’t wanted to do what’s necessary & this is the price to pay.
Jeez, with 40 million Californians, it’s easy to see why the virus spreads so extensively.

The same thing happened throughout the USA and people still refuse to do what’s needed.
OMG, wait ‘til late Jan. when the Xmas aftermath hits. And people will still doubt and deny.

If ever there was a scenario where “It is what it is.” comes to mind, this qualifies but that only
leads to worse results. What does it take? We’re losing thousands of Americans (1 every 30 secs).

If we don’t change, & I fear we will not, 1/2 million to 3/4 million Americans will die before Memorial
Day weekend. Heck, we could see 500,000 dead by Easter. But some people are lame in the brain.

And whilst all this is afoot and decimating our economy and lifestyles, every state governor has been
using their own strategy & approach to defeat this virus. Well, it hasn’t worked well but for morticians.

Matt B.
Lockdowns accomplished nothing except destroying select small businesses while making big ones a fortune. Coronavirus will be here seasonally for several years.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member

Matt B.
Look Bava, i get enough information regarding covid from the real news, the fake news and now from AZ Billiards. The Czar of Gar wants to know if Hard Times is a "closed for good or just covid closed".

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Look Bava, i get enough information regarding covid from the real news, the fake news and now from AZ Billiards. The Czar of Gar wants to know if Hard Times is a "closed for good or just covid closed".
It is Bye-Bye......for CA pool players, kinda like losing a landmark.

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Matt B.
Mostly illegal immigrants living in confined spaces and Since most of them aren’t “work from home “ people, they are scared to go to the hospital for fear of being deported ( although that’s very unlikely in California) they spread the disease ( virus) instead of getting help and quaranting themselves... it’s a terrible situation

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mostly illegal immigrants living in confined spaces and Since most of them aren’t “work from home “ people, they are scared to go to the hospital for fear of being deported ( although that’s very unlikely in California) they spread the disease ( virus) instead of getting help and quaranting themselves... it’s a terrible situation
Actually, the current surge in infections is more related to all the small family gatherings that took place over Thanksgiving, all across the county. A dozen people not wearing masks and spending time together in close quarters for a few hours did the trick, and a week or so later we began to see the results. My doctor gave me the short answer, "People not following the guidelines." Just wait until a week or so after Christmas, with all the families having get togethers in defiance of the pandemic raging everywhere. The combination of a shortage of hospital beds (and ICU space), and shortage of medical personnel is the recipe for an even worse national disaster of death and despair. Add in the Trump situation and January is going to be the worst month in history! The only good thing will be if the inauguration actually takes place on schedule Jan. 20.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand how it all has to turn political. The OP asked if Hard Times was closed for good and all he got was COVID BS and now a political forecast for January. Good grief, Charlie Brown.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand how it all has to turn political. The OP asked if Hard Times was closed for good and all he got was COVID BS and now a political forecast for January. Good grief, Charlie Brown.
Thank you. If anyone knows what's up at HT's just message me. I can do without the poli crap.

Lucky John

Registered
Hard Times has been closed for months. However, go in the evening, to the back parking lot, bang on the side door to the far right. A lil Mexican dude will let you in and you can play all night.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They returned my FB message. They are currently covid-closed. No real word on long-term other than what's been speculated here.