Has anyone ever tried this?

mnShooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just came on this forum to talk pool and maybe learn a few things, not to get in a fight with anyone about who knows more or who is correct. I know my share but I've still got plenty to learn even after 10 years of playing. I didn't know it was a rhetorical question, so I answered it.

Jon

Custom User Title
Silver Member
The Guy That Started This Thread said:
"Has anyone tried this?"

"Ummm... just about everytime i hit a ball..."

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D

Please tell LS to keep the nipple clamps at home...
The vacuum attachments are O.K. though...
:rolleyes:
:p
:D

mnShooter said:
I just came on this forum to talk pool and maybe learn a few things, not to get in a fight with anyone about who knows more or who is correct.

Oooops.....the conductor must have called out the wrong stop. :D

Troy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried to explain the terminology as I was taught it more years ago than I care to admit.
If you want to call two different approaches by the same name, have at it..

Troy
drivermaker said:
I don't need to try anything. I've been DOING for 45 years, and I'm talking about a LOT of doing. I've tried shit that you don't even know exists yet.

You're missing the point if you're answering my last post. Whether you aim center ball and pivot your cue for english, or aim center ball and pivot your cue during the stroke so that it strikes the CB in the same place for either system, wouldn't both of them be backhand english? Forget trying to answer it....the answer is YES!

mnShooter said:
Drivermaker do you have anything worth while to say? Why don't you just go away? This forum would be much better without people like you and gremlin.

OK, I'll leave....I'm never coming back either....you hurt my feelings. :( And here I thought I was helping some people out and providing a good time.
Don't change your mind, it won't matter. I'm gone..........

Jon

Custom User Title
Silver Member
Yeah....
Sure....
See ya monday...
Or in the next few minutes or so....

Whichever comes first :D

Jon

Custom User Title
Silver Member
Oh, and if you hurt driver's feelings...
I would be careful starting my car, or opening my mail box for awhile if i were you :D:D:D
:p :p :p

predator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know that every time my follow through doesn't end up in a straight line, I usually miss. Backhand english works for some people and can be quite effective, but I must say to me it doesn't look very pretty. I'll stick to parallel english...looks so much better... :D

Troy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Looking Good" counts a lot for some people..... But pocketing balls counts much more.....

Troy
predator said:
I know that every time my follow through doesn't end up in a straight line, I usually miss. Backhand english works for some people and can be quite effective, but I must say to me it doesn't look very pretty. I'll stick to parallel english...looks so much better... :D

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
predator said:

sounds like you're overexaggerating the english.........

VAP

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
That's your own fault. Don't tell her. Ha-ha.

Course don't tell her when you win either.

I refer that as my rathole money. Buried deep in my wallet.

If you win, she'll FRONT HAND (the front palm asking for you money to hand it over) you. You rob someone then you'll be robbed in return. :) :) :) :)

LastTwo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mnShooter said:
You get more squirt/deflection with a sideways (away from the cue ball) follow through.

Logic tells me the opposite. The more the cue diverts from the patch, the less the ball squirts. The more the cue stays on line, the more the ball squirts away.

LastTwo said:
Logic tells me the opposite. The more the cue diverts from the patch, the less the ball squirts. The more the cue stays on line, the more the ball squirts away.

Watch out...he might tell you to leave and put you in the same category with me and Gremlin.

However, you are correct...good eye to catch it.

vapoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
drivermaker said:
Watch out...he might tell you to leave and put you in the same category with me and Gremlin.

However, you are correct...good eye to catch it.

its surprising how many people don't understand squirt/deflection.

i think you're right about some people being on the outside looking in :D

VAP

predator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
drivermaker said:
Sounds like he's using a Predator...(wonder what gave me the clue)?

LOL. Actually I've used parallel english right from the start with my old Cuetec graphite, then with a Buffalo, and now with a P2.

I registered to this board back when I was still using a Buffalo. If I had known then that Predators were such a controvertial subject on these pool boards, perhaps I would have chosen a different nickname, but oh well...

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
drivermaker said:
Would the final outcome of the tip striking the ball in the same spot not be the same?

I'd think it would, if the cue could be consistently controlled that way.

Question for Drivermaker: Even though I think it would be the same, I've often used what I think is a swiping stroke with inside english on thin cuts where the OB is on the rail. Am I fooling myself thinking I'm adding a little more friction to the cueball by swiping at it vs. doing my setup with backhand english and stroking straight?

Thanks for your courteous reply,

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff said:
I'd think it would, if the cue could be consistently controlled that way.

Question for Drivermaker: Even though I think it would be the same, I've often used what I think is a swiping stroke with inside english on thin cuts where the OB is on the rail. Am I fooling myself thinking I'm adding a little more friction to the cueball by swiping at it vs. doing my setup with backhand english and stroking straight?

Thanks for your courteous reply,

Jeff Livingston

Why would you make the assumption that I'd be courteous?? :p :D

I think you're fooling yourself. IMO, on real thin cuts with the OB on the rail, you want to hit RAIL FIRST with inside english softly enough so that it takes without rebounding too quickly. The most important thing to me is hitting the CB as accurately as you can to just miss the OB with the CB spinning. So basically whatever it takes to perform that consistently.