Have a....

Actionhound

Banned
what the????

i cant believe someone as cute as you plays as good as you do... how long did it take you to become a pro??? and how many hours a day do you practice????

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
Well, thanks for the compliment.

When I put my mind to it and tried to qualify for the pro tour, I did it right away. I got my pro status after about a year in 2003.

Practice...right now I don't know what that is. I haven't played much in the past month or so. I plan on practicing all day and night everyday this week in order to hopefully get back in stroke. Generally I practice everyday for at least a few hours. I try to play other people because I get really bored and lazy when it comes to doing drills.

Sarah

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
Any favorite drills?

I know for myself that practicing is very boring and I can't do it... especially since I don't have a table at home... and when I'm at the poolhall, people just want to play with me... so I play far more than practice. Wow, that was one big run-on sentence.

See you at the DCC!

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
Samiel,

I hate drills as well. I think they are the ultimate torture. I usually play the ghost. I can find out what shots are giving me trouble. When I have trouble with the shot, I sit there and shoot it until I get comfortable or confident with the shot.

Some other drills that I have been doing recently have been to practice combos. Just put all of the balls below the first three diamonds and take ball in hand and shoot only combos. Once you master that, move on to putting two racks of balls across the whole table. You could also rack the balls like 9ball and play a kicking game. The first person to kick 5 balls in wins. You can also practice caroms by putting two balls on the table and the cueball and seeing how many straight rail or multiple rail billiards you can make.

Those are just some suggestions. They are more fun because two people can do them and they can be competitive. For some reason competition always holds my interest.

Sarah