HeavyDuty router guide construction....

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started to make a very solid guide frame for a router, this guide will be used to straighten all the rails of our 21 tables and for other uses too. I built it in cold rolled flat bar of 4 x 1/2 inch, normally a single piece of 5 feet long costs around $100 and I got a great deal on marketplace, 20 bars for $200, otherwise I wouldn't have made it this way. In the photos you can see how the 3 beams are made, they are not finished, the central beam will be the one where the rail will be bolted with 5 bolts, it will be able to rotate to the desired angle and the 2 beams on the side receive the sliding rails, I have 8 sliding bearing blocks, 4 per router for 2 routers, 1 for a surface cutter to straighten the rails and the other router with round nose 3/8'' diameter cutter to fit 3/8 dowel on the rails. These 3 beams will be mounted on a solid frame to make aq solid unit. All the calibration will be done with a Starrett 6 feet straight edge and dial indicator. I do that for our pool room and for my pleasure too, I love to do this kind of work.

439017645_7504789866254123_7478044781906030313_n.jpg

439021951_7504789806254129_7084151636160011736_n.jpg

438976258_7504789729587470_8636638158306575198_n.jpg

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pics with a rail on the jig would be great.
Yes sure, but the jig is not finished yet, it's in construction,
when it's functional I'm going to take several photos of it all. I do all the work on a drill press and not on a milling machine and I don't work full time on it, so it will take some time.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
My suggestion instead of trying to straighten a bowed rail by the method you're about to proceed with is this. Simply bolt the rail to the slate like it would normalcy be bolted down. Then call me and I'll tell you how to straighten out the bowed rails. 702-927-5689

EL Picos

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My suggestion instead of trying to straighten a bowed rail by the method you're about to proceed with is this. Simply bolt the rail to the slate like it would normalcy be bolted down. Then call me and I'll tell you how to straighten out the bowed rails. 702-927-5689
I'm going to finish the jig that I started, it will also be useful for something else, I also have the idea of trying a table with the semi-circle of cushions filled with a hardwood dowel, I looked at it and the K55 MBS cushions that we received and the ones they sell here, and they are identical, the rear half circle and everything have the same dimensions. Also I am not able to hold a conversation in English, I write it, read it and speak it a little, but I am not able to hear understand it well, but Thank you for your help offer!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm going to finish the jig that I started, it will also be useful for something else, I also have the idea of trying a table with the semi-circle of cushions filled with a hardwood dowel, I looked at it and the K55 MBS cushions that we received and the ones they sell here, and they are identical, the rear half circle and everything have the same dimensions. Also I am not able to hold a conversation in English, I write it, read it and speak it a little, but I am not able to hear understand it well, but Thank you for your help offer!
Ok, to straighten a rail, bolt it in place, leve the center bolt loose. Run a ratchet strap around the table, circling the bowed rail near the center, tighten the strap, pull the bow straight, then tighten the center bolt, done!