Help.. I am about to give up on pool.

Over the years I quit playing regularly. I am trying to get back into playing and have figured out I am cross eye dominant. I know this is beating a dead horse, but I have tried everything and I just cannot get consistent with my stroke. The way my eyes are seeing things, If I am in a stance with a smooth stroke, I am out of alignment. If I am in alignment, my stroke swerves at the backswing. If I lengthen my bridge it seems to help sometimes, then all of a sudden its back to missing 4-5 in a row.

Please help guys. I love pool but I am getting so frustrated that I literally cannot shoot at all sometimes because I get so mad. I will run out a rack on one game and miss 4-5 shots in a row on the next...........

This is a blessing. Youtube the 1980s video of Willie Mosconi. He was cross dominant,
yet could play a little bit, I'm told

Dale
 
Attitude Reboot

Over the years I quit playing regularly. I am trying to get back into playing and have figured out I am cross eye dominant. I know this is beating a dead horse, but I have tried everything and I just cannot get consistent with my stroke. The way my eyes are seeing things, If I am in a stance with a smooth stroke, I am out of alignment. If I am in alignment, my stroke swerves at the backswing. If I lengthen my bridge it seems to help sometimes, then all of a sudden its back to missing 4-5 in a row.

Please help guys. I love pool but I am getting so frustrated that I will run out a rack on one game and miss 4-5 shots in a row on the next...........

As I see it.....""""I literally cannot shoot at all sometimes because I get so mad.""""

I'd deal with this aspect of my character first to help my game. Expecting Anything in life to be exactly what you want will only let you down. Sounds like your tho improving on your complaining and having another bad day, and of course giving your self more reasons to quit, which is easy.
 
One thing for sure, if you are "thinking" when down on the shot, it is a HUGE problem. The thinking part of the brain cannot play this game, as a matter of fact, the thinking part of the brain will screw everything up. You do the thinking part when you are walking and chalking. Once down on the shot, you have decided how hard to hit the shot, where the cue ball is going to end up, what english you are going to put on the cue ball......and so forth. If you are thinking about any of this, or thinking about your eye alignment, stroke, bridge lenght and such, your chances of success are slim. You will find any kind of consistency very hard to obtain.

This paragraph just helped me.... Need to change my pre-shot routine and make my shot more "automatic." If I get down to shoot and have any doubts, stand up and think about it, then re-approach the cue ball. Thanks.
 
Back
Top