Help me price this cue and feeler -- Predator 3k6 w/Z and Z2, 2 cheap cases

ArtOfTheCue

Matt
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a custom coming in that should arrive sometime in the next week and a half or so, and I'll be selling my cue when it gets here. Can you guys help me put a number on this one? I'm planning to try to sell it locally, since it's a production cue, and I assume it'll sell faster around the area than here, where it's competing with all these beautiful customs.

Predator 3K6 in 95% condition (according to Blue Book's guidelines). I've taken extremely good care of it -- there are a few dings in the shafts in the laminated section below the playing area and a couple very small scratches on one ferrule. I've had the wrap pressed to be extra tight and smooth and everything rolls straight together and apart. This cue was made in 2002-2003 when Predator's operations were still in North America, but I'm not sure who made the butt for them.

Comes with one first generation Z shaft, one second generation Z shaft, Predator branded joint protectors for all pieces, and the soft velvet-like envelope that Predator ships products in. Moori soft tips on both shafts. I've been a little extreme in my OCD cue-care, and I keep them away from cue mechanics who use sandpaper.

I'd like to price it low enough that the buyer gets a great deal, but I don't want to be stupid.

Here's what Blue Book has to say (doesn't include the extra shaft or JPs):

PREDATOR CUES : 2002 3K SERIES
The following Predator 3K Series cues all came with one Predator shaft. All cues shown had stainless steel Uni-Loc joints and German nickel silver rings on the joint collars. The 3K Series was discontinued in April of 2004.

Predator3K6.jpg

Level 4 3K6
- Burgundy stained bird's-eye maple forearm with double silver rings above wrap, four floating ebony points with two veneers and a synthetic ivory diamond-shaped inlay in each point, burgundy stained bird´s-eye maple butt sleeve with four hexagonal ebony windows with two veneers and a synthetic ivory diamond-shaped inlay in each window between double silver rings at top and bottom.

MSR (2002) $945
Grading 98% 90% 70%
$765 $670 $560

Does $700 or so sound right to you guys? I'm thinking that may be a little on the high side, even with the extras, because you can still find new old stock online for $756 with a first gen 314 shaft, but then again, the extra second gen Z would be another 250 and JPs about 30, which would put the new cost over $1k. If you have thoughts or suggestions on the right price, please post them here.

If anyone is interested in the cue, I'll be happy to post pics when I get home tonight and you're welcome to PM offers. Again, this is in EXCELLENT condition for a 6 year old player (Z2 shaft is a year old). I will consider trades for a nice 3x6 case plus $, a custom cue of equivalent value, or a low end custom plus $, but I'm not looking to put money into this deal, so I can't trade-up this time.

I also have a Porper Designer series 2x4 case (gray & black) with less than 3 months of use for $old and a 2x2 square style economy in a thick textured vinyl for $40. They're both in excellent (almost-new) shape as well. Prices include shipping, but add 3% for PayPal payments.

New to AZB, so I don't have any iTrader feedback yet, but you can check my perfect feedback record on ebay (novamatt325) if you're interested.

124d.jpg

Last edited:

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I think your price is probably fair in a good market with plenty of time to sell. I would think in this market 600 might move the cue pretty quickly.

-don

SupaFoo

Starving Law Student
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
FYI Matt, your link isn't working...

(edit: I thought I knew how to fix it but it isn't working?)

Good luck!

-Alan

Last edited:

ArtOfTheCue

Matt
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Don -- Yeah, I didn't know that $700 added up quite right. Thanks for the feedback!

Alan -- Thank you for pointing it out... I fixed it and added my ebay username just in case.

Gary -- I just got your payment and you'll have an email in ten minutes or so.