Help Please: United Billiards Coin OP

blackvortec

All,
I inherited a UBI Coin-op. All balls return to the same end. 1 piece 1" slate. It was missing the trim that goes around the edges of the laminate. I used capping from Formica countertops to cover that. However I am missing the internals that seperate the cue from the object balls, coin mech, coin box, etc.. If anyone has any of these pieces or diagrams I would greatly appreciate it. The picture is of a table similiar to mine. I used this pic because it shows the coin mech. My table doesn't have scoring counters.
Adam

Attachments

• 87475dd_27.jpg
    87475dd_27.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 4,734
Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
All,
I inherited a UBI Coin-op. All balls return to the same end. 1 piece 1" slate. It was missing the trim that goes around the edges of the laminate. I used capping from Formica countertops to cover that. However I am missing the internals that seperate the cue from the object balls, coin mech, coin box, etc.. If anyone has any of these pieces or diagrams I would greatly appreciate it. The picture is of a table similiar to mine. I used this pic because it shows the coin mech. My table doesn't have scoring counters.
Adam

United was built up in NY, went out of business a long time ago. Cue ball is separated by being oversized. Coin mech had an arm on it that when pushed in it tripped the latch that holds the ball plate in place, which cause the balls to drop, the was spring returned and locked up again. The slate is not 1", if it's an 8ft it's 7/8", if it's a 7ft it's 3/4".

blackvortec

Thanks

I saw an ebay auction that ended before I found it, it had the arms and springs. I remember what they looked like. However I cant seem to envision what the plate would look like that holds the balls back.

Also I am trying to figure out what made the main chute smaller so that the cue ball gets redirected to the right so that it goes to the other chute. I can fab something for that pretty easily I think.

Here are some more pics, any thoughts, drawings, ideas are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 2012-12-10_20-36-09_530.jpg
    2012-12-10_20-36-09_530.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 2,508
  • 2012-12-10_20-35-35_553.jpg
    2012-12-10_20-35-35_553.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 2,428
  • 2012-12-10_20-35-47_124.jpg
    2012-12-10_20-35-47_124.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 2,537
  • 2012-12-10_20-35-54_771.jpg
    2012-12-10_20-35-54_771.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 2,354
  • 2012-12-10_20-36-05_258.jpg
    2012-12-10_20-36-05_258.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 2,461

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Are you using this table for home use?
Trust me, just let all of the balls return to the foot end.
I have made replacment traps and chutes that I could not get replacment parts for.
A lot of work!
You will get tired of pushing the co-op too.And then you will disable it.

The over size ball is not as hard to work with as the plug ball by placing special magnets along the ball funnel and making a ball seprater
-
Best of luck'
Rob.M

blackvortec

Thanks

I appreciate the insight. I really want to attempt it though. I have had quite a bit fabrication and repair experience in a wide spectrum of fields. I would really like to have the table whole. Plus I have a 3 year old who likes to "play" with the balls, i.e. throw them. This way they would be retained away from his little hands.
If i could get some idea of what the factory parts looked like it would be a huge help so that I am not reinventing the wheel. I can build the coin box and front panel where coin mech goes. I am thinking either 1/8 aluminum that I can polish, or easy way out and use paneling that matches the table applied over 1/4 board.
As for the linkages, I believe 2, I can easily envision them.
The arm that retains the balls, is where I am hung up at the moment. There is a steel bracket on the left side with a whole in it. It appears that is the pivot point for the ball retention bracket. It is the side by the chutes that is leaving me scratching my head.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I found a similiar table on ebay, I have contacted the seller and offered to pay him to take pictures of the mechs. No response yet.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

Im sure there is a patent on the ball collector.. Contact mr bond, he may have a copy of the patent in his back pocket'

blackvortec

Patent

I have found a patent from the owner of UBI, Daddis, this shows a return area similiar to mine. Except this is much newer and electronically actuated. Mine, I think, is going to use a tiltable hopper method as seen here. It will just have to all be actuated mechanically. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Table Return.jpg
    Table Return.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 2,448