help to clean linen wrap

Oweis_Yan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could not clean my wrap from talcum powder.
previously I used johnson's powdre and had no problems but lately ive been using medical powder and found it difficult to clean my wrap from it
any ideas?
thanks in advance

mr8ball

I use Quick Clean on mine and it works great. Just spray it in a rag and wipe the wrap with it and you are good to go.

dirtypool40

I love this freakin' game
Silver Member
I commented on this kind of thing in another thread, just my opinion etc etc.

IIRC most baby powder is basically talc saturated with mineral oil and fragrance.

Pure talc, sans the oil, is better for our purposes (obviously).

I'm not sure why it's on your grip hand, most use it only on their bridge hand and then the NON-oily version is even more important.

Anyhoo.... I know some local cue makers who use a solution of OXY-Clean on linen wraps with good results.

I have seen a couple cues that were FILTHY, and I thought needed a new wrap, and they brought them back up to about 90% condition using that OXY-clean stuff.

Hell, start a thread in the "ask a cue maker" section about oxy-clean and see if any knows a reason not to.

lunchmoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could not clean my wrap from talcum powder.
previously I used johnson's powdre and had no problems but lately ive been using medical powder and found it difficult to clean my wrap from it
any ideas?
thanks in advance

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser work wonders on a linen wrap.

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was just posted -within a wk or so

Cue makers just posted recently, Dawn Dish soap ,spin in correct direction buff will heat it up- don't put wax on it, will collect dirt and dust.they did seal with finish(somekind). mark