Some back history to make this interesting.
My father bought this table in the very early 1970's or even 69 as I was around 5 and remember them bringing it down into the basement.
It was bought in the section of Ventnor NJ where the big money people from Atlantic City would live in the 1920's or later. The story as I understand it this table came out of a club in Atlanic City that was owned by the person my father bought it from at the time.
The table is a 4.5 X 9 with ball return, but is has the plain square legs typically (as I understand) found on bar room tables. Having a ball was not so common on bar tables, or so I deduced (I could be wrong please correct me). In any event, I grew up playing on this table and I am not a great player I can keep better players on their toes.
Based on some poking around a bunch of years ago I believe this table was made around 1910. I forget the details but it had to do with the hardware and constuction methods.
My problem is it never properly banked shots. What I found is the the bumpers are a bit over 1/8" too high.
So today I decided to do some investigative work as I would like to fix the issue.
What I found was the rubber that is installed has the 1 3/16" glue face and 1 1/8" top length of the K66 profile.
The glue face on the wood is 1 5/16" wide.
The rubber is mounted so the top edge is flush with the top of the wood leaving about 1/8" of space at the bottom.
I found this: https://forums.azbilliards.com/threads/what-angle-for-rubber-cushions.536345/
So I did some angle measurements and found the face to be about 21.5 degrees, hard to get a precise measurement.
Based on the glue face being the 1 5/16" width I am going to guess I should get K55 type rubber. It would be nice having an accurate drawing I could print and cut out to see what I would actually have.
Am I correct in my guess I should get K55 profile rubber?
Is there a brand and model that is recommended more suited for someone looking to get accurate bank shots?
I might do the cloth, is there a recommendation. Not looking for top end, just quality that holds up well at home.
Do you have any other comments about the table and history?
Thanks!!
Kevin
My father bought this table in the very early 1970's or even 69 as I was around 5 and remember them bringing it down into the basement.
It was bought in the section of Ventnor NJ where the big money people from Atlantic City would live in the 1920's or later. The story as I understand it this table came out of a club in Atlanic City that was owned by the person my father bought it from at the time.
The table is a 4.5 X 9 with ball return, but is has the plain square legs typically (as I understand) found on bar room tables. Having a ball was not so common on bar tables, or so I deduced (I could be wrong please correct me). In any event, I grew up playing on this table and I am not a great player I can keep better players on their toes.
Based on some poking around a bunch of years ago I believe this table was made around 1910. I forget the details but it had to do with the hardware and constuction methods.
My problem is it never properly banked shots. What I found is the the bumpers are a bit over 1/8" too high.
So today I decided to do some investigative work as I would like to fix the issue.
What I found was the rubber that is installed has the 1 3/16" glue face and 1 1/8" top length of the K66 profile.
The glue face on the wood is 1 5/16" wide.
The rubber is mounted so the top edge is flush with the top of the wood leaving about 1/8" of space at the bottom.
I found this: https://forums.azbilliards.com/threads/what-angle-for-rubber-cushions.536345/
So I did some angle measurements and found the face to be about 21.5 degrees, hard to get a precise measurement.
Based on the glue face being the 1 5/16" width I am going to guess I should get K55 type rubber. It would be nice having an accurate drawing I could print and cut out to see what I would actually have.
Am I correct in my guess I should get K55 profile rubber?
Is there a brand and model that is recommended more suited for someone looking to get accurate bank shots?
I might do the cloth, is there a recommendation. Not looking for top end, just quality that holds up well at home.
Do you have any other comments about the table and history?
Thanks!!
Kevin
Attachments
-
IMG_4218.jpg231.5 KB · Views: 133 -
IMG_4219.jpg229.5 KB · Views: 125 -
IMG_4220.jpg225.5 KB · Views: 120 -
IMG_4221.jpg239.9 KB · Views: 131 -
IMG_4222.jpg190.5 KB · Views: 130 -
IMG_4223.jpg199.8 KB · Views: 104 -
IMG_4224.jpg137.7 KB · Views: 109 -
IMG_4225.jpg195.8 KB · Views: 116 -
IMG_4226.jpg305.7 KB · Views: 143