Here's one of mine.

Zagiflyer

Mr. 15
Silver Member
I'm new at this and have only built a dozen or so cues. This one has an Ebony forearm with a birdseye handle, linen phenolic butt cap and joint rings, a 5/16-14 pin, 12.5 mm shaft, 19.75 oz. I'm working on my first cue with a 4-point V-groove forearm. I think I've finally got it this time after several screw-ups where the points ran out after being joined up with the handle.

Zag

Attachments

• KNQ Cues 006.jpg
    KNQ Cues 006.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 314
  • KNQ Cues 007.jpg
    KNQ Cues 007.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 239
  • KNQ Cues 008.jpg
    KNQ Cues 008.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 211
  • KNQ Cues 009.jpg
    KNQ Cues 009.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 171

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
Nice not so plain jane cue. Something with a different look. How does this type of cue go for?

Zagiflyer

Mr. 15
Silver Member
BlowFish said:
Nice not so plain jane cue. Something with a different look. How does this type of cue go for?

I really only sell cues close to home, it's mainly a hobby for me and I don't build many. I would probably sell a cue like this with one shaft for $375 or so. The one in the picture is an "R&D cue" where I experimented with a few things that mostly turned out well but not well enough to sell to anyone so I'll play with it. I'm still new at it so if somebody local is interested in a cue we sit down and find out what they want that is within my skill/equipment range (I don't have an inlay machine except for my indexing lathe so I'm limited to ring and slot work and I'm learning V-groove points) and I build a cue. Since it's a hobby and I'm gone a lot with my full time job I really can't promise completion dates so I will never take a deposit from anyone. My deal is that once the cue is done the buyer can inspect it and choose to buy or not buy the cue at that point. I'm new and my cues are not perfect so I don't want anybody to spend money and be unhappy with a cue. I like building them so if nobody buys the cue I have a nice house-cue for my basement rec room to go along with the Goldcrown:) If the cue has anything worse than a couple minor flaws it goes through the table saw.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the double-decker look of the butt, I don't think I have seen another cue that has that. Nice pick of the wood, pretty sharp looking.

Zagiflyer

Mr. 15
Silver Member
hang-the-9 said:
I like the double-decker look of the butt, I don't think I have seen another cue that has that. Nice pick of the wood, pretty sharp looking.

Thanks;

The maple pieces in the slots and the bordering maple rings are 1/8". Next time I do something like this I think I will use 1/16" or thinner inlay strips and border rings to make things a little more subtle. As for the wood, it's really hard to go wrong with Ebony and Birdseye maple......they are like burgers and fries; they just belong together:)

ZAG

Zagiflyer

Mr. 15
Silver Member
Here's a couple more.

Here's some more early cue pics.

ZAG

Attachments

• KNQ Cues 003.jpg
    KNQ Cues 003.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 89
  • KNQ Cues 005.jpg