High level tournaments this weekend (May 26-29) besides the Scottish Open (Ginky Memorial Tournament, Tampere Open, Buffalo's Pro Classic)

I'm excluding the Scottish Open because it already has its own thread. My thought here is it might be interesting/worthwhile to track where the top players are playing week to week, live streams, general discussion, etc.

*Buffalo's Pro Classic has a number of top players playing in it: Fedor Gorst, Billy Thorpe, Corey Deuel, lots of others. Stream is PPV though.

*Ginky Memorial in NYC has one name I recognize (Jeremy Sossei), and, in looking through the other signups in the Pro/Open division, three other names in the top 100 of USA Men's Fargo appear: Raphael Dabreo, Jonathan Smith and Lukas Fracasso-Verner. Not seeing anything for streaming.

*Tampere Open is going down this week for both men and women. Streaming seems confirmed. The articles on the Euro Tour homepage mention Mieszko Fortunski (44th in the world) and Mika Immonen (64th), but I can't find any draws or entry lists, men or women.

What am I missinng?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I think it's an interesting topic. Only the Scottish Open offers Matchroom Ranking points, so it makes sense that virtually all of the elite who are already in Europe are playing in it. Mosconi hopefuls should be trying to rack up as many Matchroom ranking points as they can if they hope to earn one of the three automatic qualifying spots on 2023 Team Europe.

All other elite players must likely play close to home or near the city from which they'll fly to London for the UK Open, which starts on Tuesday.

Last edited: