Hightower Diamond Scepter

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is the Cuemakers contest cue we built.
HERE IS THE CONTEST LINK:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=367919
I call it the Hightower Diamond Scepter. Instead of just going with the original 16 points I expanded it to 48 points and backed them up agains each other to create a v-groove diamond pattern.
Then we inlaid 20 genuine accent diamonds inside nice sterling silver settings in between the veneer diamonds. We also inlaid the joint, butt plate and points with numerous inlays of Ivory and Abalone. This cue has our new 5/16-10 joint pin.

Diamond Scepter 014.jpg

Diamond Scepter 003.jpg

Diamond Scepter 004.jpg

Diamond Scepter 007.jpg

Diamond Scepter 005.jpg

Last edited:

ekb6760

Misplaced Texan
Gold Member
Silver Member
If I used that cue I'd be afraid of getting mugged in the parking lot! :smile:
Super nice work Chris.

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
That's a sweet cue!!!

Great looking cue Chris, a lot of work went into this beauty. Super cue to start the contest with.:cool:

Chris:smile:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the kind words. Hopefully my cue will get some more votes. Doug also built a very nice cue and from the voting so far it looks like he will win the contest. He really nailed the color combinations. I thought outside of the box as usual and built a cue that will not appeal to as wide of an audience, but I did some things in that cue I had never seen done before, so I am pleased with the cue no matter the outcome of the vote.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Wickedly cool cue, Chris. Also...a very interesting joint pin. Care to share some background on that?

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wickedly cool cue, Chris. Also...a very interesting joint pin. Care to share some background on that?

The 5/16-10 pin is something I have had on my mind for about 20 years. I have been doing 5/16-14 straight into hardened wood threads and really like the way it plays better than the 3/8-10 pin. But the 5/16-14 is losing popularity and some think it is not strong enough of a thread without a brass insert, so I wanted to address both concerns. It also has the flat minor diameter threads for more precise alignment. It has the advantages the flat minor diameter 3/8-10 pin has and gains the benefit of more face surface for a more natural feel.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There have been over 1300 views in the voting thread and only about 70 votes. If you like my cue please vote for it as I am only behind by about 10 votes now.
Here is a picture of the joint protector that I matched up to the points and a closer up picture of one of the diamonds.

Diamond Scepter 010.jpg

Diamond Scepter 009.jpg

Diamond Scepter 003.jpg

Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just reminding everyone that there is only a couple of days left to vote.