History of Cue Builders

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
Personally I would rather know the history than own every cue. Obviously I don't have the means to own the high dollar cues, but no one can take the knowledge I acquire, which is more pleasing to me personally. Does anyone else just take pride in knowing how it went or how it's going?
 
Personally I would rather know the history than own every cue. Obviously I don't have the means to own the high dollar cues, but no one can take the knowledge I acquire, which is more pleasing to me personally. Does anyone else just take pride in knowing how it went or how it's going?
It is not really easy information to come by. When I was a kid there was no internet or anything. We had books like "Guinness book of world records" "Information Please" and of course the Almanac and encyclopedias. I read them all.

When I was like 10 years old I could tell you about all the presidents, Kentucky derby winners, Heavy weight champions and so on. I loved information.

When I got interested in pool I read everything I could find on it, but unfortunately there was not much, not even in all those books of knowledge.

Today I fear with the internet although there is a lot to read you have to worry about how accurate it is. Just today there is a thread on here about a web sight on cue makers with some highly suspect information.
 
Personally I would rather know the history than own every cue. Obviously I don't have the means to own the high dollar cues, but no one can take the knowledge I acquire, which is more pleasing to me personally. Does anyone else just take pride in knowing how it went or how it's going?

History of what? I'm missing the connection between your first sentence and your last. But, it's early.

Freddie <~~~ slow to rise
 
I think part of being a collector is knowing the history of cues. Everything that's being done now was somehow inspired by the legendary makers that came before....sometimes even the esoteric makers. The more you learn about cues and why today's makers do things a certain way, it's like peeling the layers of an onion. Lots of history, both known and unknown. I find this part of the journey most rewarding.
 
Back
Top