Hit me with your best shot...

I don't need to shoot this shot. I know what to do from here since I've left myself this many times. LOL I use center and a tad bit of low. The c/b goes to the end rail fairly straight it rebounds straight back. Speed and aim is much easier to control with no english. Hit it fat with low right and the c/b may not make it back around or hit it to hard and end up going across the angle to far. Hit it thin with low right and you may be shooting off the side rail. Hit to thin with low inside and hit the 9 ball or you could end up on the other end rail. Hit it to fat with low inside and either come back and hit the nine ball or not even make it back far enough for a shot. I prefer coming into the angle by coming straight back. Since I know the rebound angle all I need concern myself with is center pocket and speed.

Rod
 
Last edited:
I set up the shot last night on my 9' Pro Am and tried each of the suggested ways ~8 times each... and for me, the one that I could execute the best was #2... straight back off of the short rail.

When trying #3, I ran into the 9-ball a couple of times. And when trying #4, I overran the position a couple of times and underran it as well. Speed control is critical because of the crossing nature of the cue ball relative to the line of action.

With exactly the right speed, #2 allowed me to get whitey back to the hole reinforcer where the 8 was positioned giving me a short, almost straight in shot on the 9. :thumbup2:
 
Back
Top