Home Table Questions

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Guys, I have some Home Table questions. I have an "American Heritage" 8 foot home table with Simonis 860 cloth, Aramith balls. The table plays decent and I use it as a practice table (at the present time I do not have space for a 9 footer). Anyway, Recently I have noticed my rails have become dead and need to be replaced.

Here are my questions-

Which rails are most accurate and respond fast? I asked a local mechanic and he doesn't really know, he is not a player. (Although, He works for Vietele factory assembling tables for many years and assembles tables in Vegas for major tourneys, He told me that the Brunswick "Super-Speed" would not work on my table. I was kinda looking at the Pro-Am and Tour Edition on Sebert's any any preferences out there on AZB?

What is the differences k-66 and k-55? ( I am a player and have a lot of knowledge about the game but not in Table repair!).

How much would be fair for me to expect to pay a table mechanic for rails and installation?

If I ordered the rails "on-line" would i need to purchase anything else for the installation or would you leave that to the Mechanic? ( In other words, Is it un-ethical for me to order "On-Line" when I am trying to do this as cheap as possible or will this kinda stuff "Piss-Off" a mechanic?

What is the usual "Down Time" for the table and how big of a job is this?

Thanks in advance! AZB is the BEST!!! Looking Forward To Everyone's Response! Davie.

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Fast Davie NC said:
Hi Guys, I have some Home Table questions. I have an "American Heritage" 8 foot home table with Simonis 860 cloth, Aramith balls. The table plays decent and I use it as a practice table (at the present time I do not have space for a 9 footer). Anyway, Recently I have noticed my rails have become dead and need to be replaced.

Here are my questions-

Which rails are most accurate and respond fast? I asked a local mechanic and he doesn't really know, he is not a player. (Although, He works for Vietele factory assembling tables for many years and assembles tables in Vegas for major tourneys, He told me that the Brunswick "Super-Speed" would not work on my table. I was kinda looking at the Pro-Am and Tour Edition on Sebert's any any preferences out there on AZB?

What is the differences k-66 and k-55? ( I am a player and have a lot of knowledge about the game but not in Table repair!).

How much would be fair for me to expect to pay a table mechanic for rails and installation?

If I ordered the rails "on-line" would i need to purchase anything else for the installation or would you leave that to the Mechanic? ( In other words, Is it un-ethical for me to order "On-Line" when I am trying to do this as cheap as possible or will this kinda stuff "Piss-Off" a mechanic?

What is the usual "Down Time" for the table and how big of a job is this?

Thanks in advance! AZB is the BEST!!! Looking Forward To Everyone's Response! Davie.

Hi Davie,
American Heritage tables are notorious for bad cushions. 8 out of 10 AH table jobs I go too have rock for cushions. K66 profile is 1 3/16" x 1 1/8" & K55 are 1 5/16" x 1 1/4". You definately need the K66 so your nose height will be correct. The Brunswick SuperSpeed cushions won't work because they are K55. In my opinion the best cushions are Artemis. The championship cushions are quality as well. Any decent mechanic will be able to do the job with you supplying the cushions and facings. I don't mind when a customer supplys his cloth or cushions if he is trying to save money. Just don't live in a mansion and drive a $75,000 car...lol..I charge my labor rate and that is fine by me. Best of luck!!

Dartman

Silver Member
Fast Davie NC said:
Also... Sorry, but what do you mean by facings?
Cushion facings are applied to the ends of each rail.
For less than $100 the Championship Tour Edition cushions are better then the Pro-Ams.
If you're willing to spend around $175 you can get Artemis.

Note that if you change cushions you'll also need new rail cloth.

Better retailers will include a set of facings when you purchase a set of cushions.
If you're looking to save some money I'd suggest you price shop other places besides Seyberts.

Last edited: