Homemade Arena lighting

northshoremb

Registered
Well I put a table in my garage and thought why not have good lighting where every other light but the table light is on. Cost my $97canadian to make and its perfect compared to center lights.
Used 6 led lights 46" long and light metal wall studs. Yes you can paint them black and yes can do a bunch more fit and finish but had 1 day to get it done before guys came over to break in the new cloth so for under $100 who would ever complain. You can see from the top pic how full the light is so going to get a camera that mounts in the center to record some games and shots. Only downside is the rural internet here is horrible until Starlink ships us a dish in late 2022 or 2023.

All I need to do now is finish off tge other 4 rails with the remaining 860hr then finish wrapping the side of the table
20220114_060502.jpg
20220114_060510.jpg
20220114_060521.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks fantastic! Nice job getting that whole deal set up and functioning.
......and my Starlink anticipated availability date was about 5 months ago, still waiting.

northshoremb

Registered
Looks fantastic! Nice job getting that whole deal set up and functioning.
......and my Starlink anticipated availability date was about 5 months ago, still waiting.
I just mounted it fast so we could play the Maiden night on the table...lol. Still have a bike pulley system I'm adding to raise right up to ceiling since 11' high and still need to finish wrapping new cloth on the other rails

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Well I put a table in my garage and thought why not have good lighting where every other light but the table light is on. Cost my $97canadian to make and its perfect compared to center lights.
Used 6 led lights 46" long and light metal wall studs. Yes you can paint them black and yes can do a bunch more fit and finish but had 1 day to get it done before guys came over to break in the new cloth so for under $100 who would ever complain.
Looks fantasic... However I think I have found something to complain about.

A lack of product link to the LEDs so your Canadian brotheren can also enjoy your ingenuity. :)

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just mounted it fast so we could play the Maiden night on the table...lol. Still have a bike pulley system I'm adding to raise right up to ceiling since 11' high and still need to finish wrapping new cloth on the other rails

I was wondering about that. :)
You'll get it done, enjoy the process.
I played at a place once that had purple cloth on the slate, with green rail cloth, black colored behind the rails, and swirly-grain brown on the sides of the box, and it had huge lion heads at all four corners. Talk about a Franken-table.

Jack Fate

quite crafty, be interesting to see a close up of the build. I considered doing something like this but not in the outline style.
I’m gonna have to check out these light metal wall studs as I’ve not seen them before.

Looks nice

eastcoast_chris

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is exactly what I'll be doing in the out building/game room I'm building.

I've already bought the lights from Princess Auto (3, 2 packs of similar lights that were on sale)

Do you know the lumens and temperature of the lights you used?

Is it too much light?

Book marked this post to use as reference when I do my build;

Cheers

northshoremb

Registered
This is exactly what I'll be doing in the out building/game room I'm building.

I've already bought the lights from Princess Auto (3, 2 packs of similar lights that were on sale)

Do you know the lumens and temperature of the lights you used?

Is it too much light?

Book marked this post to use as reference when I do my build;

Cheers
(Pack of 8) Kihung LED Shop Light 4FT, 20W 2200lm 6500K (Super Bright White), T5 Integrated Fixture with Linkable Shop Light, Corded Electric with Built-in ON/Off Switch https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07FF3R16Z/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_NH57MYSMQ5Y24MMCYQX7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

They say 6500K but in my opinion there is no bluish look to them so probablyvaround 5000-5500k cause balls are true color.
Also metal studs are light so just mounted lights inside the tracks with rivets holding everything together.

Screenshot_20220114-110207_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20220114-105904_Amazon Shopping.jpg

TrxR

(Pack of 8) Kihung LED Shop Light 4FT, 20W 2200lm 6500K (Super Bright White), T5 Integrated Fixture with Linkable Shop Light, Corded Electric with Built-in ON/Off Switch https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07FF3R16Z/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_NH57MYSMQ5Y24MMCYQX7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

They say 6500K but in my opinion there is no bluish look to them so probablyvaround 5000-5500k cause balls are true color.
Also metal studs are light so just mounted lights inside the tracks with rivets holding everything together.

View attachment 624280View attachment 624281

Great idea. Any pics of the complete project without the lights turned on? I'm assuming you mounted the lights inside the channel?

What's the total dimensions? Also how are was it to wire the end lights to the side lights?

Thanks

northshoremb

Registered
Great idea. Any pics of the complete project without the lights turned on? I'm assuming you mounted the lights inside the channel?

What's the total dimensions? Also how are was it to wire the end lights to the side lights?

Thanks
Just seen this now cause for some reason doesn't give notifications. Works amazing and everyone is blown away by how nice it is visually to play on it. I'll try and get some photos on days off

northshoremb

Registered
Looks fantasic... However I think I have found something to complain about.

A lack of product link to the LEDs so your Canadian brotheren can also enjoy your ingenuity. :)
Mani don5 know why I never got any notifications for all these replies. I'll try and get some more pics and info for all you guys. Everyone who plays says they love how the lights are along with how dead nuts straight the table plays

Sent from my SM-F936W using Tapatalk

telinoz

Registered
Mani don5 know why I never got any notifications for all these replies. I'll try and get some more pics and info for all you guys. Everyone who plays says they love how the lights are along with how dead nuts straight the table plays

On post 1, top right hand corner you will see a WATCH button.
When you click it, you will see this box:

1000005627.jpg

Tick what you want, then you will get notified.
Just make sure your personal preferences allow notifications when on here, or email.

Cool project by the way, cheapest solution yet.

northshoremb

Registered
On post 1, top right hand corner you will see a WATCH button.
When you click it, you will see this box:

View attachment 684261

Tick what you want, then you will get notified.
Just make sure your personal preferences allow notifications when on here, or email.

Cool project by the way, cheapest solution yet.
See I always thought being subscribed would give me notifications, thanks. Just went and looked but no option on Tapatalk app to do that so probably has to be done directly on the AZB website

telinoz

Registered
See I always thought being subscribed would give me notifications, thanks. Just went and looked but no option on Tapatalk app to do that so probably has to be done directly on the AZB website

All good mate, now you can keep us updated in your awesome project!