How about a WOOD ID sub forum

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
with the amount of wood ID questions, why not have one for wood ID only. an acoustic guitar forum I'm on has one strictly for woods.
 
Seems like people have tried so many times over the years to add sub forums on AZ, like breaking the For Sale section into Custom, Production, Other, etc... I just don't see a sub forum for wood ever happening :grin-square:
Clint<---Would love to see something like that too...
 
Why not simply link to the guitar forum's wood id section?
I generally post pics there if I don't get responses here.

Plus it might be uncool to flood a guitar forum with wood questions regarding pool cues.
 
We have a general purpose forum for those type of questions.
Its call ed the Ask The Cue Maker Forum.

Need to ID wood, cues, absolutely whatever, thats where you ask.
 
I generally post pics there if I don't get responses here.

Plus it might be uncool to flood a guitar forum with wood questions regarding pool cues.

Maybe but if the forum section there is specifically for wood id then I think that they wouldn't mind.

Years ago I bought a couple books on wood and leafing through them it's clear that some woods are very hard to identify on appearance alone as there are many that are incredibly similar in appearance.
 
Back
Top