how are ya'll doing in league ?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only played once this week so far..tue night 8 ball I faced a 4. I played bad but managed to win 4-2..

Have scotch doubles tonight..probably go .I missed the last 3 weeks for various reasons.

Have 8 ball best of rest tourny Saturday and 9 ball Sunday plus league Sunday night.

Lotta pool.to be played over the next 3 days

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
4-1 in 18 innings last night...pretty happy with my performance vs a really good guy and strong 4 with the best name in pool.

Popeye Bueno.

Yep. That's his name; great guy.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I only played once this week so far..tue night 8 ball I faced a 4. I played bad but managed to win 4-2..

Have scotch doubles tonight..probably go .I missed the last 3 weeks for various reasons.

Have 8 ball best of rest tourny Saturday and 9 ball Sunday plus league Sunday night.

Lotta pool.to be played over the next 3 days

What does Best of Rest get you if you win?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does Best of Rest get you if you win?

The best of the rest is a last chance qualifier for ltc's

All of the teams that played in any of the 3 tri cups held but failed to qualify are eligible for the bed of the rest .

Each team is consisted of 3 members of your team with 14 handicap limit. You can play any 3 members each round as long as ita 14 or less it is a one day tournament

Single elimination

8 ball is race to most points after 3 matches

9 ball is a race to 31 points or 30 points with 2 matches won

8 ball is held today and 9 ball tomorrow

I have 2 teams playing in 8 ball today and 1 team in 9 ball tomorrow

I also have a team already qualified for both 8 and 9 ball ltc's

nine_ball6970

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I dogged my brains out last night. Played a very strong player (121 in NAPA) in 8 ball. I was 108. Race was 5-7. We went back and forth the first 6 games being tied 3-3. I was nervous and squandered opportunities in the 3 racks he won.

Then I just fell apart. Lost the next 4 in a row. I had my chances but couldn't capitalize. I just became unglued and mad. Couldn't do anything right after that.

Been working on my mental game which makes last night more disappointing. I can play at a very high level when I don't feel any pressure. The problem is when I start to feel pressure I just fall apart. Pre shot routine just goes out the window and I start trying to force things. Need to work on trusting my stroke and visualizing the outcome I want instead of thinking about bad things happening. The what ifs I rattle this ball or blow position are the death of my game.

When I am playing well, I just have all kinds of confidence and think the game is a ridiculously easy. I know in my mind that I am out before I play the first shot. Books say that it isn't about handling pressure but eliminating it. Very hard to do sometimes. The game should be fun and if you can feel that way then the winning will take care of itself.

Hopefully league will be better tonight.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Pretty good night for me last night, 8-ball. Played a young guy, SL5, who hasn't been in the 8-ball division for a couple years, but regularly beats me at 9-ball. It's been fun to watch him grow in the league, he started a few years after me and progressed fairly quickly. I thought I might do better against him in 8-ball, but wasn't sure.

Its funny, over the years I've heard it said about 8-ball, if you run 6 or 7 balls and dont get out, you're in trouble. This is the first time its applied to me. In a good way. He would run down to the 8, or one or two left, and then I would clean it up. Not in one inning, mind you, but in only a couple. Make some, duck or leave long, close it. And I closed every game with a 3 or 4 ball run, again not a regular occurrence. Pretty much got the shape I was intending, or close enuf to work with and adapt.

Every game that I won went like that. Beat him 4-1. It was a great feeling. Hoping for more of that.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I dogged my brains out last night. Played a very strong player (121 in NAPA) in 8 ball. I was 108. Race was 5-7. We went back and forth the first 6 games being tied 3-3. I was nervous and squandered opportunities in the 3 racks he won.

Then I just fell apart. Lost the next 4 in a row. I had my chances but couldn't capitalize. I just became unglued and mad. Couldn't do anything right after that.

Been working on my mental game which makes last night more disappointing. I can play at a very high level when I don't feel any pressure. The problem is when I start to feel pressure I just fall apart. Pre shot routine just goes out the window and I start trying to force things. Need to work on trusting my stroke and visualizing the outcome I want instead of thinking about bad things happening. The what ifs I rattle this ball or blow position are the death of my game.

When I am playing well, I just have all kinds of confidence and think the game is a ridiculously easy. I know in my mind that I am out before I play the first shot. Books say that it isn't about handling pressure but eliminating it. Very hard to do sometimes. The game should be fun and if you can feel that way then the winning will take care of itself.

Hopefully league will be better tonight.

The exact same scenario for me last night I. A 4-1 loss against another 5.

Same mental problems and poor shooting as a result. Been trying to develop mental toughness myself.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
The best of the rest is a last chance qualifier for ltc's

All of the teams that played in any of the 3 tri cups held but failed to qualify are eligible for the bed of the rest .

Each team is consisted of 3 members of your team with 14 handicap limit. You can play any 3 members each round as long as ita 14 or less it is a one day tournament

Single elimination

8 ball is race to most points after 3 matches

9 ball is a race to 31 points or 30 points with 2 matches won

8 ball is held today and 9 ball tomorrow

I have 2 teams playing in 8 ball today and 1 team in 9 ball tomorrow

I also have a team already qualified for both 8 and 9 ball ltc's

When are your LTC's?

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been shooting well. We won our tricup last weekend in 8, so now both my Thursday and Wednesday night teams are qualified for both 8 and 9 for cities which are coming up the next two weekends. Hopefully Vegas will be calling my name. I'm almost up to a 7/7, hopefully some Good shooting these next two weekends will get me up there.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
After playing well the last couple weeks, last night broke the trend. Wasn't horrible, in fact I was ahead for much of the match. I simply could not make a ball on the break ( other than the white one, a couple times gggrrrrrr) no matter where I broke from. Very aggravating. During practice, I was getting one or two every break....on a different table. My opponent was getting 2-3 each break, and thats what ultimately turned the tide in the match. Of course if I missed less, the break wouldnt have mattered as much :)

Just one of those nights. Stuff happens.

jojopiff

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I moved up to a 9 in 9ball a few weeks ago. 3-2 so far. One of my losses I just didn't play well, plain and simple. The other I played well, real well, just couldn't get any rolls and playing a 6 it ultimately cost me. I'd make a ball on the break and be hooked. Either kick and hit but leave him good or not hit it. He'd get ball in hand and run a bunch. That's the way it goes.

This week I played a good 5. It went the other way this week. I, again, played well (except for break, really struggled making a ball and getting good on the 1) and I got most of the rolls winning 75-18.

We've been playing double jeopardy for a few sessions and I was only playing guys my speed (so only playing once every 3-4 weeks) but as we're nearing LTC's and chance to qualify for Vegas I've been trying to get out vs the 5/6/7's and try them. Unless my break is working I feel it's going to be pretty hard for me to be useful to my team.

I feel like 8ball is a game where the better players have an advantage even with the handicapped races but 9ball, yeah, not so much. I think the 9ball is handicapped a bit more fairly. It's really good practice to take every shot seriously though and play safe unless you're sure you're gonna get out.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
6 - 0 this session in a Masters League 42 games won 8 games lost for 84% win rate of games played. Races to 7

7-4
7-1
7-0
7-0
7-2
7-1

Jason

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I moved up to a 9 in 9ball a few weeks ago. 3-2 so far. One of my losses I just didn't play well, plain and simple. The other I played well, real well, just couldn't get any rolls and playing a 6 it ultimately cost me. I'd make a ball on the break and be hooked. Either kick and hit but leave him good or not hit it. He'd get ball in hand and run a bunch. That's the way it goes.

This week I played a good 5. It went the other way this week. I, again, played well (except for break, really struggled making a ball and getting good on the 1) and I got most of the rolls winning 75-18.

We've been playing double jeopardy for a few sessions and I was only playing guys my speed (so only playing once every 3-4 weeks) but as we're nearing LTC's and chance to qualify for Vegas I've been trying to get out vs the 5/6/7's and try them. Unless my break is working I feel it's going to be pretty hard for me to be useful to my team.

I feel like 8ball is a game where the better players have an advantage even with the handicapped races but 9ball, yeah, not so much. I think the 9ball is handicapped a bit more fairly. It's really good practice to take every shot seriously though and play safe unless you're sure you're gonna get out.

I agree about 8ball being better for the stronger players.
What's funny is that my opponents win the flip then choose the game instead of breaking, and then they choose 8ball. Lol

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Very strong showing. I am undefeated this session in 8 & 9 ball...so far.

Congrats on your record so far.

I think there are 4 of us undefeated, Shaun Wilke is one of them(he's on my team) we are the only ones with 80% win rate(games) or better, and only 1 other guy 70% or better.

Ha, just did the math for Shaun after this week he fell to 79% :D thats should make for some good fun next week. I better talk crap while I can
Jason

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When are your LTC's?

8 ball starts tonight and ends with finals on Monday night.

9 ball starts next Fri and ends on the following Monday night.

I cancelled tonight's match since I now live 45inites away and we usually don't finish till.11:30 . Gotta be at cities at 9:30 am tomorrow.

Here are the results of my matches this.week

Sunday . Lost 9 ball 12-8 to another 5 . Beat the same guy in 8 ball 4-0

Tue. Lost 8 ball to another 5 by 4-1. O could not.do anything right

Wed. Won 9 ball bs another 5 by 13-7.. Left early due to work and.did not play 9 ball