how are ya'll doing in league ?

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just finished BCA masters playoffs.

i’m not sure about other places, but for us it’s a pure money league. I made enough to recoup my fees for the year.

Truth be told, it was a little better than I expected to do. I’m pitching a bit out of my league w
💡💡 My APA team18 took first place in Masters last session💪🏾. They sent a notice that said on February 26th my team qualifies for a "Money Tour"💰💰. I don't know what this actually means or what the payout structure is. I know that I play APA Masters and you play BCA Masters but can you give me some specifics on 1) what game was played 8 ball and 9 ball? 2) how much money was paid out? Etc. THANKYOU

dquarasr

Registered
Took me a while to realize that almost all of my easy misses were from lack of concentration: taking the shot/position for granted, rushing the shot, raising up, not precise on cueball contact, etc.
Yup. Too many times I leave the table and self-diagnose misses and invariably it’s because I get so caught up in the competition and pressure to make the shot that I have ignored one of the keys to my shot making formula. Rarely do I get up from a miss and am truly baffled on why I missed. I need to take my at-home no pressure success to league play. A teammate and I both have noticed this. Even when we play at each other’s homes we both notice we lose our feeling in the heat of even friendly competition. We’re working on it.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
💡💡 My APA team18 took first place in Masters last session💪🏾. They sent a notice that said on February 26th my team qualifies for a "Money Tour"💰💰. I don't know what this actually means or what the payout structure is. I know that I play APA Masters and you play BCA Masters but can you give me some specifics on 1) what game was played 8 ball and 9 ball? 2) how much money was paid out? Etc. THANKYOU
9-ball. FargoRates run from mid 500’s to low 700’s. The majority of players probably in the 600-650ish range.

3 man teams, 2 matches per month for 7 months. We paid in $60/team for each match. Individual payouts were $1 per game won, plus payouts for double elimination playoff tournament. I think the top team got something like $2500 out of the playoffs. We were 4th of 8 teams and got $700.

Nobody gets rich on this one! 😂

BlueRaider

Registered
Second time in the past two session playoffs where my opponent not only got good hits out of multiple lockup safeties, but kicked the balls in and then ran 5-6 more. Happened 3 times last night and each occurrence was roughly a 10 point swing. Needless to say, I lost. But I nearly made a good comeback. He was 3 points from winning and I needed 20. I ended up losing by 5 balls.

Coyote501

Ranked-4.........First match of the Spring session. (APA) Went up against a 4. I was hot, 3-0ed him. Made a length of the table kick shot, kinda took the wind outa his sails.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Went to league last night after not picking up a cue for 4 straight weeks. It seems the layoff didn't hurt my game any.

Faced a 7 in 8 ball and lost 5-1 in a 5-3 race. I messed up a few chances to make it 5-2 but cant complain. Its usually a 5-0 beatdown when i play this guy. He is about the strongest 7/9 in league.

I faced anorher 6 in 9 ball in a 46-46 race. I messed up a few runs but played well enough to win 46-32.

All in all not a bad night. I attribute my decent play after 4 weeks off to getting rid of 3 drama queens on my team . was a pretty peaceful night which allowed me to concentrate on my game i believe.

cjl0s

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Played the same guy (7) in 8 and 9ball. He drilled me 5-0 in 8 ball and I won 15-5 in 9. I am a 6 in 8 and a 7 in 9. I was playing with a cue I hadn't used in many years. Several miscues and then my game went to pieces. He shot well and made me pay over and over. After being dispatched in match one I settled down for the second match. As I have not played bar 8 ball in years, hopefully I will improve. the 9 seems easier as there is no ambiguity regarding the object ball. I struggled with the pattern play and shot selection and overthought things which bit me. Overall a fun night and they were a nice team to play.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
Went to league last night after not picking up a cue for 4 straight weeks. It seems the layoff didn't hurt my game any.

Faced a 7 in 8 ball and lost 5-1 in a 5-3 race. I messed up a few chances to make it 5-2 but cant complain. Its usually a 5-0 beatdown when i play this guy. He is about the strongest 7/9 in league.

I faced anorher 6 in 9 ball in a 46-46 race. I messed up a few runs but played well enough to win 46-32.

All in all not a bad night. I attribute my decent play after 4 weeks off to getting rid of 3 drama queens on my team . was a pretty peaceful night which allowed me to concentrate on my game i believe.
And good to see you are out and playing after the heart attack.

A good team makes the difference for me. I don't mind losing if the folks i am losing with are good people.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
There was an 80yr old who's a real decent shot, fell over twice at an apa tournament.
We helped him luckily it was carpet he fell on.
While waiting for them to take him to the hospital I said
well, not a bad way to go I think

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And good to see you are out and playing after the heart attack.

A good team makes the difference for me. I don't mind losing if the folks i am losing with are good people.

Thanks for the lind words.. I have been back at work for a week now and feeling prerty good.

We only had 4 last night due to one player having to work in order to make up missing a week and a half due to covid. The other team would have allowed us to have a replay on the last 8 and 9 ball match but i decided to just forfeit them and get out early.

Even giving them points for rhe forfeits we still won 9 ball by 12 points and lost 8 ball by 2 points.

Not too shabby in my opinion. Any one tjat knows me will tell you i trt to get along with every one. Some people make it real hard to adhere to that philosophy.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was an 80yr old who's a real decent shot, fell over twice at an apa tournament.
We helped him luckily it was carpet he fell on.
While waiting for them to take him to the hospital I said
well, not a bad way to go I think

Several years ago...seems like it might habe neen around 15 or so there waa a gentleman who had a heaet attack during a pool tournament. An ambulance was called immediately.

Before i go any farther you gotta realize this is memphis we are talking about.. The man died about a half hour later. On rhe pool room floor while waiting for the ambulance to arrive..

911 was called 2-3 more times during that wait from what i remember.. We have both ciry and private ambulance service in this area and there was a mixup about who served the area whwre the heart attack happened. Sad thing about this situation is some ome cojld habe drove him to the hospital which was less than 10 minutes away..

Thankfully i choose to live way out in the country away from this kind of clusterfvck. The ambulance arrived at my house less than 10 minutes after they were called .

It takes me 45 minutes to drive to the pool hall and 90 percent of that drive is interstate at 70 mph. I dont mind working in memphis or playing pool there but no way will i live there.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is just one example of why i will not live in Memphis.

My boss text me saturday morming saying his shop was broken into friday night. Now he lives in memphis...not the best neighbor hood but a long way from beimg considered a bad neighbor hood. There have been a couple dozen 6-7 hundred thousamd dollar houses built just a few blocks from his house in the last 2 years.

He works out of his house and his shop is a detached garage 10 feet from his back door.. They stole several thousand dollars worth of tools .

Now i drive a work van home every night. Its loaded with several thousand dollars of tools. Talking about rotary hammers...jack hammers...power saws band saws. ..well you get the idea..Plus on average a few thousand dollars worth of copper fittings and pipe. Half the time i dont lock it up at home and i have never locked my personal truck in rhe 2 yeara i have been here. There have been times i have left a set of keys in my truck when my son wants to come by and borrow it while i am at work

The 45 minute drive to work or pool is well worth the peace and quiet and the security of where i live..

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Did great tonight mostly due to my brand new secret weapon the pure x jump break.
See my review on it in the cue review section

My team came up with a cool performance clause. Each player pays 5 bucks to the player for every break and run and perfect match.

Well Tonight I cashed in with a perfect match capped by a bnr thanks to my new amazing breaker. On a match vs some good shooter that we needed to win. And did in very convincing fashion.

Rusty in Montana

My seniors pool league team won our match rather handily the team captain and I both won all our 4 games the other 2 teammates both won 2 of their 4 games,
Jack made the 8 on the break and I was up next and won the coin toss then when I broke I rattled a bottom corner pocket with the 8 ball maybe next time !

dquarasr

Registered
I’m on a streak! Last week I did my first ever 8-ball break-and-run. This week in rack 2 my opponent broke dry and I ran out. Can Vegas be that far away? 😁 (Um, yes. Yes it can.) (2,279 miles, to be exact.)

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
I’m on a streak! Last week I did my first ever 8-ball break-and-run. This week in rack 2 my opponent broke dry and I ran out. Can Vegas be that far away? 😁 (Um, yes. Yes it can.) (2,279 miles, to be exact.)
Gratz on your first bnr. Feels good, dont it ?

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is just one example of why i will not live in Memphis.

My boss text me saturday morming saying his shop was broken into friday night. Now he lives in memphis...not the best neighbor hood but a long way from beimg considered a bad neighbor hood. There have been a couple dozen 6-7 hundred thousamd dollar houses built just a few blocks from his house in the last 2 years.

He works out of his house and his shop is a detached garage 10 feet from his back door.. They stole several thousand dollars worth of tools .

Now i drive a work van home every night. Its loaded with several thousand dollars of tools. Talking about rotary hammers...jack hammers...power saws band saws. ..well you get the idea..Plus on average a few thousand dollars worth of copper fittings and pipe. Half the time i dont lock it up at home and i have never locked my personal truck in rhe 2 yeara i have been here. There have been times i have left a set of keys in my truck when my son wants to come by and borrow it while i am at work

The 45 minute drive to work or pool is well worth the peace and quiet and the security of where i live..
You're begging for trouble, but fear not, the most valuable lessons in life usually comes from experience.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Several years ago...seems like it might habe neen around 15 or so there waa a gentleman who had a heaet attack during a pool tournament. An ambulance was called immediately.

Before i go any farther you gotta realize this is memphis we are talking about.. The man died about a half hour later. On rhe pool room floor while waiting for the ambulance to arrive..

911 was called 2-3 more times during that wait from what i remember.. We have both ciry and private ambulance service in this area and there was a mixup about who served the area whwre the heart attack happened. Sad thing about this situation is some ome cojld habe drove him to the hospital which was less than 10 minutes away..

Thankfully i choose to live way out in the country away from this kind of clusterfvck. The ambulance arrived at my house less than 10 minutes after they were called .

It takes me 45 minutes to drive to the pool hall and 90 percent of that drive is interstate at 70 mph. I dont mind working in memphis or playing pool there but no way will i live there.

I've spent a LOT of time in Memphis working in the house arrest industry, yeah, Memphis is NOT a place I would live either.

But Beale street...what a place. I still use a pint glass I picked up at Tater Red's about 15 years ago.

That being said, Memphis is like heaven compared to West Memphis, AR ;)