How are you going to improve your pool game for 2012?

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to take a 5-pronged approach for this year:

1) Make one technical improvement to my game, just one so I can focus on to evolve my game. My choice is to fix my draw shot, I am much worse at it than other types of shots so my play is out of balance. Once I conquer draw, I will pick another weakness and work that.

2) Make a procedural change, in this case enforcing my pre-shot routine. I am generally pretty lazy/un-focused, so I don't consitently run-through my full pre-shot routine. This is my number-one reason for being a poor shot maker.

3) Make a commitment to devote more time to drills. I emphasize drills to all my fellow players, and yet I only drill like 5% of the time when I go to play. Usually within 30 minutes of settling on my table, some fellow player asks to play me, so get distracted with that. I need to learn to just say no :)

4) Improve my mental-ness; this is something that will also help outside of pool. I have to tackle improving focus as well as handling pressure. I am just getting started with this, and I bought the book "The Inner Game of Tennis: The Classic Guide to the Mental Side of Peak Performance" to start with.

5) Play better players. Most of my play is in league and just casual games which is fine, but I don't always get to play better players in these circumstances. So I making the point to enter more local tournaments, which have a fair selection of strong players to test myself against.

All of the above should improve your game very much! Keep me informed on your progress! Thanks for your good post.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Dave_C

Registered
Was able to get a new table (new to me) recovered in 860, and I'm able to practice with resolve at least an hour a day. It's already getting my stroke back in shape and the consistency is getting to where I want it to be. I'm hoping that a year from now I can scare some higher ranked players when I face them. ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336625169.571602.jpg

Still working on getting a good light...

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was able to get a new table (new to me) recovered in 860, and I'm able to practice with resolve at least an hour a day. It's already getting my stroke back in shape and the consistency is getting to where I want it to be. I'm hoping that a year from now I can scare some higher ranked players when I face them. ;)

View attachment 225123

Still working on getting a good light...

Hello Dave,
Everything you said sounds good. And your photo of your pool table and room looks great! Man, you are on a roll!!! Thanks for your input.
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, after I made my post I realized what it looked like, my apologise for comming off as such. With that said, lock, what do u plan on doing?

MC,
I am doing it all the time. Practice as much as I can. To stay in stroke. Thanks for asking!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.