how do i fix getting blue hands from playing

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
I have been doing this about once a month for years. Never had a problem with damaging cloth. As long as the town is damp and not soaking wet you should not have issues.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have been doing this about once a month for years. Never had a problem with damaging cloth. As long as the town is damp and not soaking wet you should not have issues.

thanks tony....:thumbup:

GoldCrown

Pool players have more balls
Gold Member
Silver Member
What did you do? Chalk your hand? LOL!

Thats not actually from playing is it??? I chalk with my bridge hand but the only place the chalk gets on my hand is in between my middle and ring fingers. When the table is very dirty (not my table) it gets on whatever parts of my hand touch the cloth. I think the majority of chalk gets on the cloth from people drilling a hole in the chalk over the table, I see people doing this all the time and daydream how hard I would smack them upside their head if they did that while playing on my table. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

After a few hours of playing in my clubhouse. Nobody cleans the rails or cloth lately. The chalk is left facing down. Hand is usually worse.

Damn... I Love my Gold Simonis with tan chalk

Last edited:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the damp cloth made a big improvement...thanks,,,,,,,,:thumbup:
how often can/should you wipe the table down with a damp cloth ?

Pay attention to how long your practice or playing sessions have lasted when you start to see your hands getting dirty and adjust the damp cloth wipe down intervals from there. I just do it after long sessions, generally, but if i practice alone several times then have someone coming over to play I'll wipe it down before they get there allowing ample drying time. Vacuming in between racks a couple of times during long sessions helps also. And never chalk over the table, and always lay your chalk on the rail open end up. That's all you really need to do.