How do these diamond tables play so badly? vid

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Touting other brands, to replace Diamond, is kind of interesting. Everyone used to copy Brunswick, now they copy Diamond. Faster rails, faster cloth, deeper shelves, tighter pockets, etc. You are just going to end up with a Diamond 🤣 and it probably won’t stand up as well, over time.

snookered_again

And I'm telling you, I don't give a shit about your negative views, you are in the EXTREMELY SMALL MINORITY of haters, so who cares about what you think!!!

Do yourself a favor buddy, start a poll, ask the AZB members if they rather have me posting....or you!!!!
my suggestion is that others report realkingcobra by using the link provided.

I dont think any reasonably thinking moderator that reviews his posts would support such behavior. Abuse spoils forums. This isn't merely a disagreement over one particular subject, Its not just one guy having a bad day. What we we are seeing an ongoing pattern of abusive posts.

Its not really fair for one nasty mean poster to spoil the whole forum for everyone else.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Doesn't mean we have to like it. Pool is a game. One can quit playing altogether and life will go on. Personally I don't play on diamond bar boxes anymore period. They rattle too many balls. I'd rather not play at all than play on tables that don't play right.

Btw found Mike Sigel saying diamonds are what caused him to retire. Knew I remembered him saying it just wasn't sure of what match. He says it around 1:09:15
When your are rattling balls on a Diamond its because you are missing the pocket. I would much rather play on a Diamond than a Valley where each table plays vastly different and you can hit the rail a diamond and a half from the pocket and watch the ball fall.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I dont think any reasonably thinking moderator that reviews his posts would support such behavior. Abuse spoils forums. This isn't merely a disagreement over one particular subject, Its not just one guy having a bad day. What we we are seeing an ongoing pattern of abusive posts.

Its not really fair for one nasty mean poster to spoil the whole forum for everyone else.
B.S. it doesn’t fall on just one guy. I’ve never reported any post, but I briefly considered yours

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
And I'm telling you that this is exactly how brands behave before they get annihilated. Good luck!

Just a company with production delays and bottle necks, a product that isn't attractive compared to the competition, functions just okay, and is increasingly associated with biker bars and bowling alleys. What possibly could go wrong?
That sounds exactly like a Valley. People up choose to play at facilities that have Diamonds, the very low level players may dislike Diamonds because its "too hard to make a ball". Even our WPSA state tournament switched from Valley to Diamond this year due to player pressure. I have yet to see a Brunswick barbox even though they have been on the market for a few years now. How many people like 9' Gold Crowns, the later 5's and 6's? I want to like them but it seems all we hear is complaints about them even beside their astronomical pricing.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Then I suggest you leave AZB, because as you can tell by the negivity to your post, you ARE in the MINORITY of hater TROLLS on AZB!! No one's asking you to post, and you have NOTHING positive to contribute!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

You can please most of the people most of the time, but you CAN'T please ALL the people ALL the time!

I don't post here to support AZB, I post to offer my support to the AZB members with my knowledge in any way I can. I post information, pictures, answer questions, and take phone calls all the time from AZB members around the world! What is it that YOU offer up for support of the AZB members????

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes, and in the case of a few knowledgable posters who have a certain “French” style of posting, if you want to see what they have to say in their area of expertise you just need to hold your nose and read their posts.

But certainly there’s no need to go overboard and start talking about mods. We’re all here by choice. Don’t like a poster or topic, just move on.

Lou Figueroa

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Touting other brands, to replace Diamond, is kind of interesting. Everyone used to copy Brunswick, now they copy Diamond. Faster rails, faster cloth, deeper shelves, tighter pockets, etc. You are just going to end up with a Diamond 🤣 and it probably won’t stand up as well, over time.
My local room has ten red-lable D bb's that are as solid now as when they bought them 15yrs ago. They get a ton of use from joe ballbanger to league to weekly tournaments. They are built like tanks.

Ghost of OBC

That sounds exactly like a Valley. People up choose to play at facilities that have Diamonds, the very low level players may dislike Diamonds because its "too hard to make a ball". Even our WPSA state tournament switched from Valley to Diamond this year due to player pressure. I have yet to see a Brunswick barbox even though they have been on the market for a few years now. How many people like 9' Gold Crowns, the later 5's and 6's? I want to like them but it seems all we hear is complaints about them even beside their astronomical pricing.
Yes. Valley is a great example of such a brand that went the way of the dinosaurs. Resting on laurels, convinced market share alone is sufficient to keep them in business forever, refusal to improve the product, etc. There's lot of new competition and it isn't 2009 anymore. The choices aren't GC, Valley, or Diamond anymore; we have Predator, Rasson, etc. Remember when Olhausen ruled the tournament world but refused to fix their stupid cushions and then went away?

Remember when Valley was the official table of the APA? Who is that now, I forget?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Yes. Valley is a great example of such a brand that went the way of the dinosaurs. Resting on laurels, convinced market share alone is sufficient to keep them in business forever, refusal to improve the product, etc. There's lot of new competition and it isn't 2009 anymore. The choices aren't GC, Valley, or Diamond anymore; we have Predator, Rasson, etc. Remember when Olhausen ruled the tournament world but refused to fix their stupid cushions and then went away?

Remember when Valley was the official table of the APA? Who is that now, I forget?
Here's my advice to you, talk to the table mechanics that have WORKED on the Predator and Rasson tables, you'll start getting an understanding of how they are actually creating MORE sales for Diamond!! And Valley, NO coin operated table manufacturers on the PLANET have been successful un selling AGAINT their brand, every other manufacturer that has tried, has failed and went broke! The ONLY coin operated table manufacturer on the PLANET that has been successful at pushing back at the VALLEY company, IS DIAMOND, period! I should know, I helped that happen with my knowledge of the coin operated industry, but you don't have to believe me, just do yourself a favor, and look up the VNEA pool leagues, maybe you'll get an education in an area you have NO idea what you're talking about!!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

There's only one way to hurt the Valley company, and Diamond is following that game plan, because it told them how to 23 years ago, and they've been following that advice ever since!!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Valley, went the way of the Dinosaurs huh, are you even aware of the FACT that the Valley tables are the most DOMINANT coin operated pool tables in over 24 countries??? Even right here in the US, VALLEY is STILL the most dominant coin operated pool table on the market, and around the world, hands down!!! What Dinosaurs are YOU talking about??? Know something first, before inserting your foot in YOUR mouth!!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Here's some MORE facts for you to think about!! PREDATOR, is building coin operated pool tables in Spain, then IMPORTING them to sell here in the US, bUT they're NOT offering to sell them to the bars with Valley tables in them, giving them a trade in, no, they'd lose their ass doing that! SO, they're following the Diamond owners around and offering to TRADE out the Diamonds and replace them with their Predator apex tables, then, they SELL the Diamonds!!!

Guess what, while PREDATOR is doing that, DIAMOND is shipping containers of Diamond Smart tables to........SPAIN!!!! BECAUSE they want BETTER built, BETTER playing, coin operated pool tables in THEIR country!!!!! So, yeah, Predator is really going to HURT Diamond, PREDATOR DON'T BUILD THEIR OWN POOL TABLES BUDDY!!!!

realkingcobra

Silver Member

Rasson 9fts, they'll need the rails replaced about every 5 years of usage in a commercial environment, because they're junk, but you don't have to take my word for that, everyone will be hearing about the complaints with their tables before long😅🤣

And I'm NOT talking about the cushions having to be replaced, I'm talking about the 6 top rails the cushions are GLUED to!!! The design WON'T hold up under hack work, I guarantee it!!!!

Ghost of OBC

G
Valley, went the way of the Dinosaurs huh, are you even aware of the FACT that the Valley tables are the most DOMINANT coin operated pool tables in over 24 countries??? Even right here in the US, VALLEY is STILL the most dominant coin operated pool table on the market, and around the world, hands down!!! What Dinosaurs are YOU talking about??? Know something first, before inserting your foot in YOUR mouth!!!!
Yeah, all the new rooms are installing row after row of Valleys. I like a Valley. I like them better than Diamond bar boxes. I'm sad Q Masters switched last year, but none of that matters. The standard for competitive pool has changed at least twice in the last 25 years, from GC to Olhausen, to Diamond, and it looks to like it will change again. And, if it does it will be for the same reason. Poor quality, refusal to respond to feedback, and manufacturing problems.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
G

Yeah, all the new rooms are installing row after row of Valleys. I like a Valley. I like them better than Diamond bar boxes. I'm sad Q Masters switched last year, but none of that matters. The standard for competitive pool has changed at least twice in the last 25 years, from GC to Olhausen, to Diamond, and it looks to like it will change again. And, if it does it will be for the same reason. Poor quality, refusal to respond to feedback, and manufacturing problems.
You missed Gandy tables being a supporter too. Again, you and a few other posters here are in the extreme MINORITY of the people that dislike Diamond pool tables, I doubt you even amount to .01% of the population that even know about Diamond pool tables. You haters, are the dinosaurs of past!!!