How Do You Play This Shot?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I think the table diagram is off, the balls look too big relative to the table, so hard to see the correct angle. (doesn't even look like a 7' table)

That said, this angle does seem to be thinner than the typical 2 rail angle. Maybe the 4 rail shot is better? It just looks funny in the diagram. I can't even put this same shot on my 9' table to set it up to shoot it because I don't know where to place the balls due to the diagram being out of proportion.

According to my measurements the table is a 76" x 38", I was surprised it worked out too. On my computer the balls are .370 and the table is 5.700 wide and 11.400 long.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Im going 4 rails because the cue ball spends a lot of time rolling in the decent shape triangle where its tough to end up with an extreme cut, worst case is you end up long, as long as you dont freeze it on the bottom short rail it should be an easy out.

qfans

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 vs 3/4 railer

The 2 railer is definetly the easier shot for me, I'm a spinner and as Cornerman stated it allows me to stroke the ball which keeps me in a groove. On a Diamond with Pro Cut Pockets the 3/4 Railer would be very useful if you're afraid of the rattle. And I like the idea of the cue moving towards the object ball in a good line with the corner pocket.

Franky4Eyes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd think the easiest route would be your 1st option.
9 o'clock, and whatever speed the table
conditions call for.