How Do You Play This Shot?

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hit the 5 firm with straight top on the CB. Come around 4 rails to get in line with the 6.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
...............low enough to hit the 1st diamond by the left corner pocket and have 2 rail shape

FuManchu

Not a Pro Player
Silver Member
Just left for me. Low left has a tendency to come out two rails and go straight in the side. About a tip and a half of left brings you one diamond on the other side of the side pocket.

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Table size does change my choices here, but I like low, or 9:00 left, and I even like high inside here, depending on where the 7,8,9 (10) are..... check it one rail maybe tap it off the rail gently.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Damp/Dry

Do you posters play this shot, going from the 5B to the 6B, with about a tip of left English at 9:00 or do you hit it low, about 6:00?

https://pad.chalkysticks.com/54712.png

hit it lowER than center or a little left? Depends on conditions. If it's humid I play my shots and patterns one way, if it's dry conditions my pattern play AND CUING....change dramatically, as does vise versa.

So always keep and eye on the weather in dry climates that can become instantly humid from unforeseen thundershowers.

JC

Coos Cues
Hit the 5 firm with straight top on the CB. Come around 4 rails to get in line with the 6.

Assuming the path is clear this is by far the correct answer. You are coming into your shape zone on the shot line, not across it and the shape zone is huge once you are approaching the third rail. You can hit it too hard if you really try but it's hard to hit it too soft and snooker yourself. Really don't need all that firm of a stroke either. And there is no scratch anywhere to be found. Not even close. Drawing into the left corner and out is a sucker's bet.

JC

Shannon.spronk

Anybody read this?
Silver Member
I play the 6 in the corner and then the 5 in the same corner then try to figure out where the 8 ball is.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
What PT and Cornerman wrote.
You obviously don't hit it hard enough to get to the 3rd rail -unless you're a fish.