How is the hit with a Cognoscenti vs Harris Bluegrass?

AngryPanda

Scadooooooshhh
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Looking to get a new cue, and I dont know anyone with either of these cues. So looking for some opinions

buck15

going broke! got there!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
had them both

i have had and played with them both. i prefer bluegrass all the way. the cog is a little sharper feeling of a hit for lack of a better word. jmo, thanks

Reactions: Hal

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 98.2%
110   2   0
i think they are kind of similar.maybe the Bluegrass is a little softer.the Bluegrass also look better imo.

Jeffrey Gale

My WoW stick.
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 1 of each, the Cognoscenti is a crisper & stiffer hit than the Harris cue in my opinion. I like it better because I love the hit and feel of the G-10 pin. The Blue Grass cue hit's very well also, you can't go wrong with either one IMHO.

Charlie Edwards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I once owned a Cognoscenti, and I liked the hit/playability of it. A friend has a Bluegrass that I've shot with several times and I slightly prefered the Cog. The Cog hits a little stiffer and harder. IMO, you won't go wrong with either one. They are both great cues.

With that said, I think you should also consider a Chudy. He, like Cognoscenti, uses the G-10 pin. Chudy's cues hit softer although they have a stiff shaft taper. I personally prefer my Chudy to the Cog I had and any of the several Bluegrass cues I have played with.

samsarakid24

A Little TWISTED !!!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Cog vs Bluegrass

I have played with both as well. I will tell you it's a matter of personal taste and what feels best to you and fits your game. I think a big part of the hit depends on the woods used by both makers. I prefer the Cog over the Bluegrass because the hit seemed a little more stiffer and the way the G-10 pin felt. As far as availability is concerned I see used Bluegrass cues pretty often on Ebay and some other sites. I very rarely have seen any
Cognoscenti cues other than plain janes for sale anywhere. When you can find them, they usually are high end with a high $$$ to go with them.
If you factor availability in with price it's up to you. I think Bluegrass cues
are more affordable and easier to get but I think Cogs are a better investment, especially if you factor in that when Joe Gold starts building cues again he probably will be making more rare and real high end cues
more for collecting.

Thanks.......Paul