How is the site running

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
We moved the server to a different connection tonight. I suspect it will take a day or so for the changes to propogate across the net.

If anyone runs into any other problems with the site this weekend, please let me know. Is it running any faster than it was before this weekend?

Mike

manlyshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:
Is it running any faster than it was before this weekend?

I have old-fashioned dial-up modem, and the pages do seem to come up quicker.

ManlyShot

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
before this weekend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my grandma coulda relayed my posts to you faster.

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
i just celled phoned her to turn that buggy around and come back.:):):)

Zims Rack

Promoting the Cueing Arts
Silver Member
It is running faster, but sometimes it wont load at all on my end! I just wait a few minutes and then it connects to the site!

Zim

Bob Romano

Bob' Wife
Silver Member
Mike,

So far, it's about the same for me. But we both know how computers can be problematic for me!

Eydie

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
AzHousePro said:
We moved the server to a different connection tonight. I suspect it will take a day or so for the changes to propogate across the net.

If anyone runs into any other problems with the site this weekend, please let me know. Is it running any faster than it was before this weekend?

Mike

Mike,

I have cable modem and I have to say, the main forum still loads slower than the other forums.. but, I can't tell much difference in the speed from yesterday to today.

AZ still one of the best forums on the NET and THE BEST for POOL tournament coverage.

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It does seem to be a little faster. Something I do, and maybe this will help others. If it is slow loading, I click the stop button on the tool bar after a couple of seconds and then I press enter again. I think what happens is, part of the page loads and is saved on the cache file and when you try connecting again, it only has to load the remaining files because it comes up really fast after that. I have a T-1 line at work and a cable modem at home.

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike,

For some reason, maybe it's my cable modem, but this site seems pretty slow tonight. The other sites I've been to seem to be running about the same speed though.

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
i'm getting the same, R.

it was fast the first day, and has been sporadic since.

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Iuse cable ISP and compaired to the rest of the internet it is like running in waist deep water. In other words it is real slow. Click and wait and wait and wait and ... well you get the picture.

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The site is still running pretty slow. However I put up with it, because of the great informative content. We have a cable connection and I am a webmaster by profession.

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Hi Mike,

I sent two e-mails to the site address regarding some problems . I tried for three days to get in. No luck! I finally tried deleting the www and it let me in but with lots of problems. Once in, it seems to run faster than last week. I'm using DSL from my local phone company. AZ is the best of the billiard sites. Thanks for your continued participation with the Joss Northeast Tour! Hope to see you at the Gabriel's in Vegas next week.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike,

Regardless of speed, this is the most informative site on the web with the most knowledgeable people. Keep up the great work.

Koop

Someone mentioned it earlier but it does seem to work by hitting the stop button and then the refresh.