How long until you ran your first 8 ball rack?

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't remember how long it took me to run a rack. Pretty safe to say it was a lot more than a couple months though. Some harsh things are said about leagues but the right one will give your pool some structure plus you may focus more intently when you are concerned about letting your team down.

Good luck and have fun!

Hu

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once I stopped just banging and started to get serious I guess it was a couple months until I ran my first 8-ball rack in practice. In competition, however, it took quite a bit longer - maybe 6 or 8 months. Took a while to control the nerves.

Can't remember that far back. About sixty years since I played pool the first time. I musta been about twelve when I ran my first rack of 8 ball. I knock the balls around every morning when I get up. Some mornings I can run four consecutive racks, then clear the rest off without a miss. Then some mornings I can't find my butt in the dark. Or I'll scratch six times trying to make four balls. Some days I'm brilliant and others I just have to stop and laugh. I still love pool.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
We didn't own a table growing up. I always wanted to play whenever I saw a table but very rarely got the opportunity.
When I was in HS a few of us walked into our local bowling alley to play a few games of 8ball on their bar box.
My 1st B&R was that day. Almost ten years later I started playing leagues, practicing, etc and its all downhill from there.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this is low key, technically, highly important to great shooting , feel good confident and loose and your shooting lights out alot of the time

or maybe im just a basket case
Had to last minute cancel my trip next week to Houston…was gonna look you up and see if you wanted to play some one hole. Instead I have to run to South Beach but will reach out when I reschedule my Texas loop.

So practice up!