How many A players in your area?

RiverCity said:
Kind of like Eric noted, it varies. For Alaska (going with who is considered an A player) I would say 10-15. But out of those maybe only 3-4 would be considered to be an A player in say NYC.
Chuck

I'm thinking that number is high also. More like 1 or 2... & I am not one of 'em:(
 
That's very true, where I live I'm probably considered an A player, but Ilived in Fitzgerald,GA for a while, and the people they considered A players were probably C players around here cause I was the 7n8 better than anyone in town, and yet I might not be an A player in NYC! So you really never know.

Jeremy
 
SJDinPHX said:
Tom,

You would certainly have to agree with Eric, based soley on population density. He would certainly have more "A" players then you could scrape up in the Bay Area. However when we look at the "A +" players, things may look better for the West coast. It would be a real battle if you took the best "A+" players vs. the East coast "A+" players. Don't forget Eric, the state of California is now the most populous state in the country. A good portion of your guy's have migrated to CA.(and who could blame them ?)

Dick

Don't send them to San Antonio. It is closed. The best player here has the eye of an Eagle, but, the heart of a flea.
 
thebigdog said:
What happened to L.A.? It used to be awesome for action 20 years ago. Nor Cal is the exact same way. I just moved back to Ca from the Houston area over the summer, I spent about 13 months in the Houston area. I went to the pool hall once in Houston and the place was incredible. The room was open 24/7 with great equipment and all I heard about was that there was nothing but action in that place. The day I went there I walked in with my cue and didn't even have both feet in the door and people were asking me if I wanted to play some. It reminded me of Hard Times back in the day. The only problem was that room was on the other side of the city that I lived on, so that room was about 55 miles from my house. It's hard enough being married with kids to get to the pool room these days, but 100 mile round trip made it impossible for me. I really wish that I lived closer to that room, it was a good one.

a month or so back 500 a game one hole and 1000 race to 11 9 ball, a few weeks back 8 ahead for 3000 9 ball, i see 100 and 50 a game one hole all the time, and others im sure im leaving out??? granted it's not every night, but this is not anything to complain about.
 
Back
Top