How much $$ does the APA give you for Vegas?

Mr Slate

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Silver Member
I'm not trying to get ahead of myself here but, how much $$ does the APA give you for the Vegas trip? I realize it depends on where you are and which individual league your in but what exactly should I expect them to cover? Airfare and hotel....or is it more or less just pocket change to pay for snacks and such?

TCIndepMo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OH, this will be a good one.

Besides Vegas money, might we also consider how many active teams the LO has that are paying into their pay back fund (it comes out of the money you return with the weekly scoresheet), how long has that APA area been up and running, what is the weekly match fee amount due(varies widely throughout the country), does the LO pay the $250 per team Vegas registration fee or require the teams to pay it, does the area conduct any other tournament events which also receive money pay back, does the area have any TOP GUN or MVP program that returns money to the players, etc.

Often many more factors than just the amount of the check given for Vegas expenses.

Last edited:
Reactions: JDB

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our franchise here in Charlotte NC pays the winning teams $8000 per team so a 8 person team gets a grand each, now days they book the travel for you and deduct the cost. The last time we went we did the travel plans ourselves but several teams took the cash and didn't go to vegas over the years so they put the pressure on you to make the trip now or not take the money.--Leonard

Mr Slate

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Silver Member
Our franchise here in Charlotte NC pays the winning teams $8000 per team so a 8 person team gets a grand each, now days they book the travel for you and deduct the cost. The last time we went we did the travel plans ourselves but several teams took the cash and didn't go to vegas over the years so they put the pressure on you to make the trip now or not take the money.--Leonard

Wow...that sounds great. I expected a much lower figure. I was just worried about having to pay for the major expenses out of my own pocket. That sounds more than fair.

zy112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That seems fairly generous. Good for your league! I have not went personally, but have some friends that got around 600 and made there own travel reservations.

fasteddienc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It does depend on your area for sure....

Wow...that sounds great. I expected a much lower figure. I was just worried about having to pay for the major expenses out of my own pocket. That sounds more than fair.

Keep in mind that Charlotte area APA is one of the larger in the US. I'm not sure but League Operator for Charlotte Metro may have the 2nd or 3rd largest area in the US. We average about 750 teams per session so our operator is able to pay 8000 per team to go with ease. A smart league operator as a businessman/woman should go the distance to make it worthwhile for winning teams to want to win the trip.

DelaWho???

Banger McCue
Silver Member
I'm not trying to get ahead of myself here but, how much $$ does the APA give you for the Vegas trip? I realize it depends on where you are and which individual league your in but what exactly should I expect them to cover? Airfare and hotel....or is it more or less just pocket change to pay for snacks and such?

Last year I took a team to vegas and we got enough for air, hotel and a couple hundred pocket money. They deducted the $250 entry fee from our payout before we got the check. When we got to vegas we got "last place" money $350 when I registered the team. Any money won in the tourney had the $350 deducted from it at payout time.

:cool:

rope_one

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We just won our area 9 ball and the prize was 8 plain tickets, team entry fee, and two rooms for 5 nights. So I would guess that's about 5000.