How to add a cue extension

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do I add a cue extension to this James White Cue? I'm semi capable with tools. I really appreciate your suggestions.
buttforextension.jpg

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
If one is looking for a rear extension, then some mods are needed or the right kit bought depending on how the back end is built. If a mid-cue extension can accomplish the required length the customer wants especially with regards to balance, then .....depends on what the customer likesYes, no mods needed

JTB51

Why do we have to modify the butt end construction to do attach extension on? Keep it original and contact me for solution
It depends on the cue. Some have bumper with a wood screw with no weight bolt , some are threaded and the bumper screws into the weight bolt, and some are threaded deep into the butt with a 16 thread and a bump insert for an extension can be screwed in . Lots of different ways.

blokid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It depends on the cue. Some have bumper with a wood screw with no weight bolt , some are threaded and the bumper screws into the weight bolt, and some are threaded deep into the butt with a 16 thread and a bump insert for an extension can be screwed in . Lots of different ways.
Yep, I see. IMO, keeping original butt sleeve construction that cue maker made is better than modifying one. Choosing only just replace original rubber bumper with custom bumper to adapt the extension is best way unless we do not know the way to make that custom bumper.

rack runner

Registered
If you have a lathe, Drill and tap 3/8x16 for the prather's R-9 type of extension kit and you'll be good to go. If you don't have a lathe, I recommend having a cue repair guy do it so it is perfectly centered.
View attachment 689192
following on this one. have a cue that i like, hesitant on drilling/changing weight balance. its do-able for me. im just weary of it. maybe we can talk some more dave