How to make a carbon fiber shaft more slick?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Besides using 70-90%alcohol and a micro fiber cloth are there any other products or methods to keep the shaft slick?

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No abrasive materials on CF shafts.
Denatured alcohol should remove all grease and dirt, if that's not slick enough for you, the problem lies elswhere.

Reactions: bbb

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No abrasive materials on CF shafts.
Denatured alcohol should remove all grease and dirt, if that's not slick enough for you, the problem lies elswhere.
What does denatured alcohol do that 70-90% alcohol wipes would not?
thanks for the reply kim

Last edited:

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cue Wax for shafts applied using a lathe pin in your drill to spin the shaft. Make sure shaft is clean first.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cleans better, breaks down the oils/grease from our hands faster and dries faster. Denatured has no water in it, 70-90% does have water, so longer dry time and not as fast to clean
Thanks dave

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
What does denatured alcohol do that 70-90% alcohol wipes would not?
thanks for the reply kim
Denatured is a lot more toxic, just keep that in mind. Occasional contact with it is probably going to be ok, but I wouldn't want to get it on my skin or breathe the fumes too often.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Cleans better, breaks down the oils/grease from our hands faster and dries faster. Denatured has no water in it, 70-90% does have water, so longer dry time and not as fast to clean
Denatured alcohol (also called methylated spirits, in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, and the United Kingdom; wood spirit; and denatured rectified spirit)[1] is ethanol that has additives to make it poisonous, bad-tasting, foul-smelling, or nauseating to discourage its recreational consumption
i can understand the increased water causing a longer drying time with 70-90% alcohol
but is it the additives in the denatured alcohol that makes it clean better??

Thats an interesting product
Seems to be a denatured alcohol with silicone
Am i right ?
Have you actually used it?
I have used it and all I can say is try it. Let us know what you think.

Attachments

• PXL_20210209_145559700.jpg
    PXL_20210209_145559700.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 260

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
hard to try an unknown on a very expensive shaft without a some personal reviews/results
just sayin

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There are several good ones. I have not bought any from Joe, but it is probably a good product.
Thanks chris
i dont buy from joe much anymore
i have renaisance wax for my wood shafts