How to value a cue that's no longer made?

Well that's something I would certainly be concerned with, if that's the case, let's hope it's not actually Ivory. Is there a way to verify it's Ivory vs an Ivory 3 inlay or something of that nature?

Touch hotpin to it. If it smells like burning hair, an elephant might be looking for his teefs.

Not sure magnifying glass would help, by ivorine is synthetic, so any 'grain' should be uniform.

Ivort grain is not patterned, per se.
 
Touch hotpin to it. If it smells like burning hair, an elephant might be looking for his teefs.

I'll agree put a hotpin to it if you agree to buy it afterwards? Somehow I believe that may devalue the cue a little....but I love the smell of burning elephant hair in the morning!

After I get some free time this evening, I'll try and get some good pictures of the cue and include some close ups of the ivory inlays, hopefully someone can provide some clarification.
 
I'll agree put a hotpin to it if you agree to buy it afterwards? Somehow I believe that may devalue the cue a little....but I love the smell of burning elephant hair in the morning!

After I get some free time this evening, I'll try and get some good pictures of the cue and include some close ups of the ivory inlays, hopefully someone can provide some clarification.
Yeah, i will buy it.
 
That cue isn't listed in the Blue Book of Pool Cues..... At least I couldn't find it...

Which means it is worth about two thirds of half the value you think it is worth.

Neither of my cues are listed there, and pretty sure I could sell either of them at a decent profit.
 
Pull off the butt plug and touch the hot pin to the inside of the butt cap to see if it's ivory. Good luck.
 
I'm not sure my sense of smell would be a definitive answer on Ivory vs Ivorine-3...I'm sure burnt material would smell the same to me either way?
 
Back
Top